I will post a trip report later but I am sitting here this morning and thought I would share our experiences yesterday. We arrived at Norman and snorkeled the caves and a point just up from Pirates and then headed back to the boat for lunch. After lunch we relaxed and talked, drank and listened to music. I told Tim and Tonya to prepare their camera's for a gorgeous sunset.....little did I know I wouldn't get to see it!

Just as the sun started to set we see a guy near the mouth of the bight (on the caves side) coming in with what looks to be a 48 or 50 foot sail cat from Moorings. there is a person on the bow and I said "he is coming in too hot to get that ball"...yep...he overshot the ball and slammed it in reverse and we head a loud bang and smoke came from his port side engine. We saw everyone on the boat scrambling in panic mode and we realize..he has lost power and is drifting. We are nowhere close this guy but several of us immediately get in our dinghys to assist. We pushed the boat away from a few sail boats. We got him to an area where I figured he could safely anchor but he says he doesn't know how to lower the anchor with no power. I boarded the boat, we started to drop the anchor and this very young girl talking on the phone with Moorings says "the guy from Moorings says dropping the anchor is worthless as it won't hold here." My thought was it was better than drifting!!! Everyone said to stop dropping any more chain and apparently go to plan B......but no one had a "plan B" yet.

I am not sure it happened by accident.....luck....or act of God....but he was still drifting and head right towards a large sailboat. He got the fenders out on the port side and the guy on the sail boat put hit on the starboard side. We were able to bring the two together and tie the bow line and swing it to join the sail boat. I got up this morning and the sail boat apparently did what I would have done....left at first light...and the sail is tied to that ball.

I arrived back at my boat only to hear my crew had been watching other drama unfold on the boat in front of us. Apparently the guy on he boat had a medical emergency and VISARS arrived and apparently went to Willie T's to get the location of the boat...stabilized the guy and sped off with him in the boat......

afterwards we had a great meal and drinks at Pirates...more later

https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;405/st/20220331/e/USVI+and+BVI/dt/0/k/05ce/event.png