Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,047
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
mahokid 30
RonDon 29
erb923 26
GaKaye 17
Member Spotlight
BillS
BillS
Canada
Posts: 50
Joined: January 2015
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
9 members (Lucky13, lovemysxm, CJIMI, SURICK, Buddyhog, Manpot, triciatn, 2 invisible), 370 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
S
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
Hi, we will be staying on St John over the xmas holiday and was hoping to get a ferry to Virgin Gorda to see the baths. can anyone pls tell me what would be the best logistical way to do that?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
That is a tough one. Smith's Ferry has not resumed the Charlotte Amalie to Virgin Gorda ferry. I'd say a ferry is impractical for a day trip. Your best bet is going to be if Stormy Pirates or Bad Kitty resume their BVI itineraries.

Cheers, RickG

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
V
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
Hiring a private water taxi is the only true logistical way to accomplish this to make it worth it

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
S
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
any particular water taxi you would recomend?

Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by shaasy67
any particular water taxi you would recomend?

Island Time or Chillout Water Taxi. Used them both BVI to Red Hook. I would hesitate using Dolphin as they have struggled this last year, according to comments I've seen here on TTOL and elsewhere.

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
V
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by Husker
Originally Posted by shaasy67
any particular water taxi you would recomend?

Island Time or Chillout Water Taxi. Used them both BVI to Red Hook. I would hesitate using Dolphin as they have struggled this last year, according to comments I've seen here on TTOL and elsewhere.


What Husker said. I also imagine both would be able to pick you up from St. John directly.

If you would rather use someone based in the USVI I recommend Midnight Sun Charters. They have 2 beautiful Midnight Express boats

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
S
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
Thank you for the information. I have reached out directly


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5