|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,046
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 86,275
Joined: August 2000
|
|
|
10 members (Pep, deliveryskipper, SXMbeacher, davidandsusannj, Kennys, NumberCruncher, S/Y Mockingbird, knitsoftwear, 2 invisible),
366
guests, and
261
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48 |
Hi, we will be staying on St John over the xmas holiday and was hoping to get a ferry to Virgin Gorda to see the baths. can anyone pls tell me what would be the best logistical way to do that?
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023 Likes: 5 |
That is a tough one. Smith's Ferry has not resumed the Charlotte Amalie to Virgin Gorda ferry. I'd say a ferry is impractical for a day trip. Your best bet is going to be if Stormy Pirates or Bad Kitty resume their BVI itineraries.
Cheers, RickG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498 Likes: 5 |
Hiring a private water taxi is the only true logistical way to accomplish this to make it worth it
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48 |
any particular water taxi you would recomend?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2 |
any particular water taxi you would recomend? Island Time or Chillout Water Taxi. Used them both BVI to Red Hook. I would hesitate using Dolphin as they have struggled this last year, according to comments I've seen here on TTOL and elsewhere.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498 Likes: 5 |
any particular water taxi you would recomend? Island Time or Chillout Water Taxi. Used them both BVI to Red Hook. I would hesitate using Dolphin as they have struggled this last year, according to comments I've seen here on TTOL and elsewhere. What Husker said. I also imagine both would be able to pick you up from St. John directly. If you would rather use someone based in the USVI I recommend Midnight Sun Charters. They have 2 beautiful Midnight Express boats
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 48 |
Thank you for the information. I have reached out directly
|
|
|
|
|
|
|