Member Spotlight
TomB
TomB
Virginia wishing STJ
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
37 registered members (MrEZgoin, luvtotravel, kaba, bostonbob, foreversxm, nevar37, Jspoone, lhbsurf, George1234, Bernd, camview, KirkB, Fletch, sunmantwo, WWII, louismcc, DICKG, taraavo, biminis, duke63, ericlut, Compskier, SXMScubaman, charlie, 13 invisible), 616 guests, and 79 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Chef Franc #287717
08/23/2022 08:48 AM
08/23/2022 08:48 AM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler
Once again while I let the others sleep in I am greeted during my first cup of coffee by our friendly Aikido who we find out lives next door
We all love our pets and our house mates have about 6 special needs pets and maybe just want some time away from "dog sitting"
He really just wants attention.
he lives in the villa next door but their gardener cut the power to the electric fence to keep him in
The caretaker comes over and is taken home only to return 30 minutes latter
Guess he stayed the night as he is my companion this morning until the others wake up

yesterday was a stay in day with massages scheduled at 11:00 AM and chef Franc preparing a 8:30 Lobster dinner

well for the massage and I will try to keep this positive
Brian from touch of hands arrives as scheduled and drops off two girls, we ask about the other two massage therapists and says he is going to get them
we waited patiently and about 50 minutes latter Brain returns with no one
We inquire that it was to be 4 massages all at once but he explains that an earlier client (at 8:00 AM) was late and we would have our services after our friends were finished
Needless to say we were very upset while Brian blamed it on the clients.
He also said he did not have a phone number but we were checking our emails that we could have been contacted with
Needless to say I consider this very bad customer service
I am not one to bash anyone as I want all businesses to succeed, but no apologies as he also blamed his person who books his services
We also told him the the massage therapist waved me over to get the two of the glasses of water for themselves
WTF, I am not here to wait on someone I'm paying
I heard Brian "explain roughly" to his worker to bring in a bottled water from the van, okay maybe they just forgot, something I can't do on my job, whoops I forgot your wedding cake would not fly

Once our friends were done they were very satisfied, we chilled down and had great massages form Victoria and her other therapist
we were like gumbies with all the stress worked out of our bodies
our villa mate who treats herself regularly to massages said in the islands they massage more of your body as in the states they have to be very careful of what they get near
I'm sure they don't care what they see and just want to provide a great massage

Brian returned with the Prosecco and sweets which were part of the package but no apology
we would use the services again as the therapists were great!!!!

It is a little different staying in a villa as the "pool conversation" is limited to only the house guests along with our wonderful housekeeper who only stays about 3 hours a day, we are very tidy and do not ask for anything
She does watch over the Villa more if the guests are partyers

Our Private Chef Franc
Searched for SXM catering and choose Chef Franc formerly of Le Pressior
besides knowing his talents, he was also the least expensive ($188.00 per couple including his services)
Chef arrived on time and was surprised to find the table already set along with the necessary plates for our 4 course meal
I mentioned he can change anything if necessary and said the soup bowls were too small and proceeded to use his plateware which was fine
It was nice to talk about who is where as far as past chefs are concerned and he said he is actually working partners with Stephane from the former L'Effert Mere which was a great underknown restaurant in Grand Case
I told him we were going to enjoy some simple caviar I had purchased before his first course
He offered to "plate the dish" with the accompaniments,
I was going to keep it simple and he did a very nice job of fixing the plates for us. He is very detailed oriented and provides perfection

we enjoyed our "happy hour" inside the unused living room as we were awaiting the gate buzzer as the next door caretaker was coming to take their dog back who only returned 30 minutes later to enjoy dinner with us

the chef insisted on all service and clean up

If you look closely to the dinning table a cruise ship is perfectly center along the table

Our first course was a large bowl of lobster bisque, not too creamy with texture of finely chopped lobster, carrots and fresh ginger. Way too much soup but I finished my bowl and my wife's

Second course was an open faced flathead lobster ravioli with a passionfruit sauce, Not much to say except the pasta was delicate and all plates were clean

The main course featured a sous vide lobster cooked perfectly with a basil white wine sauce accompanied with mushroom risotto (wife changed it from plain rice) and asparagus) AWESOME

we will enjoy the leftovers that the chef wrapped for us

The chef put a candle in the raspberry creme brulee as we celebrated our friends upcoming birthday

Chef cleaned up like he was never there.
We feel very fortunate to have enjoyed his cooking and hospitality

A great day and night and no one criticizing my driving as I miss the bumps in the road

Apologies as would not accept ravioli picture

second photo I could not attach and it is the same size and such as other photos

Attached Files Cruise Ship Saba.jpgDinning Table Cruise Ship.jpgChef Franc.jpgCaviar.jpgDinning Table Cruise Ship.jpgChef lobster bisque.jpgChef Lobster Main.jpgChef Bithday Surprize.jpg
Last edited by mahokid; 08/23/2022 08:54 AM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: Chef Franc [Re: mahokid] #287718
08/23/2022 09:01 AM
08/23/2022 09:01 AM
L
lcote Offline
Traveler
lcote  Offline
Traveler
L
Wait.....ALL that for $188/couple? Did you provide the food?
And will he come to a time share to cook?

Re: Chef Franc [Re: mahokid] #287722
08/23/2022 09:10 AM
08/23/2022 09:10 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
What an amazing looking evening!! I love me some lobster bisque! And that main looks amazing also! The venue looks as good as any restaurant could, that's for sure. We haven't done a private chef in a few years, but especially when you have a setting like that, go for it!!

Carol Hill
Re: Chef Franc [Re: lcote] #287724
08/23/2022 09:37 AM
08/23/2022 09:37 AM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler
Chef we only provided the caviar, blinis, accompaniments and adult beverages

I believe this is a minimum of four guests as I was surprised at the price for only 4 guests

Re: Chef Franc [Re: mahokid] #287726
08/23/2022 09:56 AM
08/23/2022 09:56 AM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
Looks really good. I would not have been happy with the massage situation, glad it worked out for you.

J.D.
Re: Chef Franc [Re: mahokid] #287727
08/23/2022 11:49 AM
08/23/2022 11:49 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Online content
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Online Content
Traveler
Auburn, WA
Next time try Patty Healing Hands. Wife used her last May and was very happy.

Re: Chef Franc [Re: mahokid] #287742
08/24/2022 07:20 AM
08/24/2022 07:20 AM
East Tennessee
lhbsurf Online content
Traveler
lhbsurf  Online Content
Traveler
East Tennessee
Loving the reports and pictures!! We are headed in January and both my husband and I are trying to figure out how to squeeze a quick trip in before.... just can't seem to fit it in... but this helps... or maybe makes it worse haha!

Laura