Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,076
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 24
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
kim
kim
Newtown, CT
Posts: 4,979
Joined: September 2000
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
7 members (Volle Maan, CaribbeanCanadians, CaroleS, Rumlover, 3 invisible), 533 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#290399 11/02/2022 02:40 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
I was looking to ask about wi-fi calling to stay in touch with USA we will be calling a couple of times or more a week and I think our verizon I phone has a easy set up and very in expensive - Do you agree? Is there much of a charge from the phone company or for the wifi there??? Any enlightenment is much appreciated,

BVI Sponsors
.
Boulderboy #290543 11/04/2022 02:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 82
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 82
Likes: 1
Just use international calling for $10 a day with Verizon. You don't need wifi.

Boulderboy #290546 11/04/2022 03:30 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
What charter company? Many now have free WiFi on the boats. In most locations it will work. As mentioned however in the above post you can sign up for the 10.00 a day international plan. You will have better coverage.

Boulderboy #290547 11/04/2022 03:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
M
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
Between our great WIFI on the boat (TMM fleet) and Verizon international plan I never have an issue. I even work (ZOOM meetings) from our boat when necessary.

Boulderboy #290733 11/07/2022 03:27 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
Thanks for your suggestions. I need also to get something for my USA landline so my family can call us if need be. It is ATT so I think the have a one world pass for nominal charge for 30days and low cost minutes. Anyone do this as the family in USA has just that landline and not wi-fi but Uverse and wifi if easy.

Boulderboy #290758 11/07/2022 06:43 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349
Likes: 3
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349
Likes: 3
You could get a vonage line at your home and then add vonage extension to your smartphone. That way you can make free phone calls from the BVI I pay $10 per month for a line and have 3 lines one just for my villa on VG

Last edited by tpcook; 11/07/2022 06:44 PM.

tpcook
Boulderboy #290830 11/08/2022 06:31 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
Thanks- I think it boils down to asking ATT to put me on the months rate pass from that home phone and they can call me on our i phone (verizon) in VG if set up for the tie we are there.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5