Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,056
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
mahokid 29
RonDon 29
erb923 26
GaKaye 18
Member Spotlight
tpcook
tpcook
Vero Beach, Fl and South Sound Villa Virgin Gorda
Posts: 4,349
Joined: October 2000
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
14 members (Rumlover, steve74, ScottW, MrEZgoin, Lionsail, mchirgwin, bostonbob, GOTOSUN, Kennys, marksxm, 4 invisible), 1,059 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#291422 11/20/2022 05:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 73
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 73
All - We booked a Moorings 4500 CAT. It states it comes with WiFi. I am curious if I need to do anything to activate the WIFI? Do I need to purchase a SIM card? Would love advice on how this works. I do have a TMobile HotSpot that I could stop by the TMobile store and make sure it has the data speeds for the BVI?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Just show up and log on. It’s not even password protected. The one issue you will have is at the dock you will pull in multiple boats and it can be hard to tell which signal is from your boat. Once off the dock is obvious. Website will show as something like Moorings78078. Speed is good in most anchorage. Like all boat systems in the BVI it’s cellular based. Be aware that the system might pull power from a breaker you might not suspect. On my boat it comes off the instruments breaker so if I shut down the helm instruments I lose wifi. This requires that I shut the Chartplotter ect.. off manually. On other moorings boats this was not the case. If you turn a breaker off and kids start screaming you found the power source!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5