Member Spotlight
RickG
RickG
St. John, USVI
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
56 registered members (jagmansr, NumberCruncher, MikeMc, Kennys, louismcc, OceanSong, Rbailey, dolfer, lcote, tmsxmsails, JohnandBev, pandpfromcanada, JohnW, JerseyPal, SXMBND, Eva, duckfat, Harleyk, Uksimonusa, John, Ackman, bostonbob, fabila, geomo, bbeach, ndfaninnc, Fran, charlie, ydrwrb1, Matt W, boucharda, KirkB, WWII, tbaybob, JeanneB, Jeannius, Jaybird, TC42, Kevin_B, Billtjw, GeorgeC1, 15 invisible), 821 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ferry from st john directly to tortola? #293993
01/15/2023 11:42 AM
01/15/2023 11:42 AM
Lutz, FL
tangerine3 Offline OP
Traveler
tangerine3  Offline OP
Traveler
Lutz, FL
Planning a trip to this area in May 2023 and was originally going to do full 10 day trip to BVIs but thinking about changing to 5 on St. John and 5 on Tortola. Question is is there a ferry that leaves from St. John and goes directly to Tortola can be either West End or RT. I don't see any.

Other question any suggestions on which island to visit first e.g., will be flying into STT and arrive at about noon. Trip home would be flying out of STT at 5:50pm so lots of room there. I had originally had getting to tortola on same day as arrival and then to Anegada the next day for 5 days but I think that is out, too much travelling.

So now thinking about STT ferry to Tortola for 5 days then ferry back to STT and catch another ferry to St. John; or

Fly into STT ferry to St John for 5 days then ferry back to STT and catch ferry to Tortola and then ferry from Tortola straight back to STT for flight out. IDK is that what I would have to do if no ferry from St. John directly to Tortola? Thank you

[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: ferry from st john directly to tortola? [Re: tangerine3] #293998
01/15/2023 01:28 PM
01/15/2023 01:28 PM
Bucks County, Pa.
toast Offline
Traveler
toast  Offline
Traveler
Bucks County, Pa.

Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth.
Diane
Re: ferry from st john directly to tortola? [Re: tangerine3] #294007
01/15/2023 02:20 PM
01/15/2023 02:20 PM
Lutz, FL
tangerine3 Offline OP
Traveler
tangerine3  Offline OP
Traveler
Lutz, FL
found this on aquatic express website from the link you gave me. I'm assuming this is true for all ferry lines, but thanks i'll check the links out further. I actually have that one bestofbvi and could not find any directly from St. John to Tortola so far. Of course I would prefer to do St. John 1st then Tortola. It looks like you can do Tortola to St. John, stay and then continue on to STT another day. . . . .

"ST. JOHN PASSENGERS

The Ferry departs Road Town, Tortola and stop in Cruz Bay, St. John for Customs and Boarder clearance, prior to continuing onto Red Hook, St. Thomas. Passengers who wish to travel to St. John as your final destination do not have to continue onto Red Hook. Once Customs clearance has been completed, you are welcome to stay in St. John as your final stop.

However, passengers are still required to purchase Road Town to Red Hook tickets.

There are no direct trips from Cruz Bay, St. John to Road Town, Tortola. Passengers who wish to travel from St. John to Tortola, are required to travel to Red Hook and then onto Tortola."

[Linked Image]