Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 29
kim 18
Member Spotlight
dkupersmith
dkupersmith
Collingswood, NJ
Posts: 250
Joined: February 2003
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
11 members (lcote, dj1094, anet_scot, FantasyFrank, mahokid, CaribbeanSolSXM, gone2beaches, Kennys, Car4, WeLoveTheBeach, 1 invisible), 337 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#308013 11/02/2023 08:13 AM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Just came across this which may be of interest to some on here... Aqualodge Houseboats moored around Guadeloupe and Martinique. On Guadeloupe, the options include boats moored in Isles des Saintes which sounds wonderful to me. I don't know anything more about the company, just found the link while on Dream Yacht Charters site.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,734
Likes: 25
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,734
Likes: 25
Those things are cool - and they have the best moorings in all of the Iles des Saintes. They are basically a little lodge on the water, with real "rooms". I've moored next to them in the past and thought that this would be an ideal rental. And since they are on the water you have breeze and no mozzies.


[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,059
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,059
Oh I loved Isle De Saintes so much! fond memories with you all and I have been trying to figure out how to get back there! Thank you for sharing!

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
I thought they were a "drag"...anchor that is!(In joke).I think all our crew fell for the Saintes in that (too) short stay..Love this idea...

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Great times in a great location Laura and Mal. Will never forget searching for Jeannius while dressed in garbage bags.

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513
Likes: 78
Maybe a "Jeannius" reunion down there..I'll bring the garbage bags!!!

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Sounds good. I'll work on it.

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,059
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,059
Yes to a reunion, sans monsoon!

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 652
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 652
Likes: 2
Nothing like waking up to find your anchor fouled in an abandoned, huge, anchor chain (at least we didn't drag any more during the night!) A few years later Kit and I stopped again in The Saintes and had lunch in that same restaurant where we all had that stormy dinner.


Polaris
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,111
Likes: 5
I'd forgotten about getting caught up in the hurricane chain Nolan!

polaris #308178 11/03/2023 03:25 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Originally Posted by polaris
Nothing like waking up to find your anchor fouled in an abandoned, huge, anchor chain (at least we didn't drag any more during the night!) A few years later Kit and I stopped again in The Saintes and had lunch in that same restaurant where we all had that stormy dinner.


There is one of those chains in the bight near Pirates. Ask me how I know!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5