Hey TTOL fam,
A quick recap of our trip a couple weeks back. You can check out the links below for the full story and more pictures
- Guys fishing trip, 5 of us aboard a Lagoon 46 from Navigare, Happy Fluke. 3 newbies. Navigare was great, my first time with them and out of Nanny Cay
- Best fishing I've ever had in BVI...24 in total including a few mahis
- Went generally clockwise based on the wind forecast: JVD, Anegada, Anegada, Cane Garden Bay, North Sound, Deadman's Bay, the Bight
- Very light winds for the first half of the trip - good for fishing, not for sailing. Ran out to the north drop from Anegada
- Did the usual first-timer stops - Baths, Indians, Rhone, etc.
- Only new anchorage for me was Deadman's Bay, loved it, very scenic and settled. Had the place to ourselves.
- First time using a water taxi from Red Hook - would definitely do this again.Story on my Yacht Warriors blogShorter version of the story
I wrote up for Florence Marine X, who provided some gear for our trip. They are actually an official outfitter of the ASA. If you're interested in their gear, shoot me a dm and I'll give you a 20% discount code (hope it's OK to include this, if not, please remove!)
Enjoy! Looks like we'll be back towards the latter half of April.