Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
7 members (tomp, LAB57, ctpsxm, charlie, Manpot, rpotter28, 1 invisible), 440 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#313141 02/06/2024 04:17 PM
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534
Likes: 6
B
bailau Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534
Likes: 6

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
Nice web site. Right now we're really getting hammered by winds from the south.

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 958
Likes: 9
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 958
Likes: 9
I wonder what Setting Point looks like.


M4200 MANTA
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534
Likes: 6
B
bailau Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534
Likes: 6
Wish I was there to tell you…

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
You might not want to be on a boat: biggest thunder and lightning storm we've ever seen.

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
M
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
I just saw a video from North Sound. Pretty intense. I am glad my boat is in the marina this week. Be safe.

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by RatmansWife
You might not want to be on a boat: biggest thunder and lightning storm we've ever seen.


I grew up in Texas and get spectacular storms where I live now and this storm sent me running inside. (On VG) My husband got good video of lighting strikes. I’ll get see if I can edit and post.

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
M
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
Sorry you are getting such crappy weather Cleo - I know you have been looking forward to this trip.

Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 15
C
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 15
Thanks!
Was this predicted, or a fast surprise storm?

Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 249
Likes: 10
D
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
D
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 249
Likes: 10
Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
I wonder what Setting Point looks like.

Setting Point was very rough all day today and is still rough tonight.

Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 249
Likes: 10
D
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
D
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 249
Likes: 10
Originally Posted by Contender
Thanks!
Was this predicted, or a fast surprise storm?

It was predicted. A cold front made it all the way down here.

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
M
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1,190
You should see the damage on Grand Cayman - 18 foot waves.

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by MIDiver
Sorry you are getting such crappy weather Cleo - I know you have been looking forward to this trip.



We are making the best of it. Had a cloudy but nice day at Savannah, late lunch at Hog Heaven and delicious burgers on the grill at the rental house,

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 190
Likes: 4
B
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 190
Likes: 4

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
V
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
Power was out on VG all night...

It was a hot night in my North Sound apartment

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
I was sure we would lose power, even pumped water up to fill our header tank. Never lost power.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5