I almost hate to write this trip report because the weather here in Detroit is once again nasty..nuff said.
Left Detroit via Delta through Atlanta to STT with no issues. Arrived STT on time...a $25 cab ride to Red Hook and we were on the 5 pm ferry to St John. Called ahead to L & L car rental for delivery and was told "look for the guy in the red shirt..that will be Levi" Sounded great except 26 other men all had on red shirts. Finally sorted the matter out by simply asking the main porter" Which one is Levi?"..pretty smart of my wife or I might still be there. No issues with the jeep, paper work easy and off we went up the hill to Estate Lindholm.
We would be spending 4 days at EL and our greeting by Brion and Lauren was like coming home to family. The fantastic views of Cruz Bay, STT and the portions of the national park were accompanied by the smells of the restaurant Asolare which we also overlooked. The grounds were magnificent with flowers and every species of native plant. My first stop was at the honors bar were Lauren said to just put down on a piece of paper what you drank but be sure to make it a strong one..no problem there. Dinner the first night was at Joes BBQ and it was just what we needed to set the island mode.The next days were spent on the island visiting all the beaches, snorkeling at Waterlemon, Lambshur and Haulover...all excellent with great vis. Lunches were taken at Skinny Legs and Miss Lucy's..with Miss Lucy's the best!! Outstanding food, service and the view looking back to Haulover Bay was spectacular. The best dinner we had was at the Rumbline...this place IMHO is not to be missed.Creative menu, nice setting and good service.
After 4 days we again boarded the ferry back to STT for 6 days on the Windjammer Legacy...This being out 7th trip with Windjammer we easily settled into the rythym and proceded to dance and party for the next week. Stops include Virgin Gorda, Tortola, Jost van Dyke, Norman Island and St Johns before returning to STT. With the north swell, the Baths at VG were being hit with 4-6 foot waves crashing in..no dingys,swimming or snorkleing so we went around the corner to Devils Bay..nice retreat. Lunch was a the Coppermine and after having the signiture drink,a Mineshaft, all was well. Good food and the best view on the island. Tortola was devided up between me diving at Painted Wall and Blonde Rock while my wife cruised Cane Garden. More diving on St. John at the Fish Bowl was followed by a night of dancing at Duffy's while the trip to Jost was limited to Foxy's because of weather,but it did not dampen the mood. NOrman was spent at Pirates and Willie T's with the usual antics.
Back on STT for 3 days after the cruise we spent at Emerald Beach and spent the days sunning and just doing nothing except our nightly trip to Craig and Sally's for dinner..the best of the trip with a new menu each night.
The trip home was uneventful and we arrived still dazed from 2 weeks of being in paradise.
Time to start planning next years trip ..I know I forgot a few things in the report and they may some day come back to me..just give me a PM with any questions and it might jog my memory..a great trip and one we will repeat.