..Dec 5 til Feb10.Hoping to see friends old and new..anyone around Little Apple Bay drop by CRC for a cold one or find me at "The Sugar Mill", "Omar's Sandspit", "Myetts", "Indigo House"..you get the picture.If you spot a black Jeep Wrangler with a red Pegasus logo you know I'm in the neighbourhood..
Sad tale of the Thing..my mechanic died and his son kept the Thing during Covid and left it outside to fill with water and rot.He wrecked it..hearthbreaking as I'd owned it since 1986 and driven it thro Baja, up to the mountains and the length of Ca before shipping it down to Tortola in 2006.Needless to say I have put the word out on the son!
I hope that you won't be affected upon returning to the USA after your sojourn in the BVI. The current political climate regarding foreigners, even those with valid green cards, would make re-entry a bit nerve-wracking... I'll be returning to the Caribbean in December and plan a trip to the BVI - hopefully we can catch up? In Memoriam:
Buster was my mechanic and a great guy who loved the car.He died of prostate cancer( get checked guys!!) and his son inherited the business..also named Buster. He turned out to be a total con man...did some work on the Thing then pushed it outside, filled it with garbage and let it rot. We had a pretty serious confrontation as you can imagine.Since then I have hear other horror stories..
I hope that you won't be affected upon returning to the USA after your sojourn in the BVI. The current political climate regarding foreigners, even those with valid green cards, would make re-entry a bit nerve-wracking...
A: Care to expand on that observation?
On a related note… I heard via the coconut telegraph that charter captains who worked out of St Thomas last year, with BVI work papers, are having “challenges” getting papers for this season. True? If so, insane that the government was successful in getting charters to originate in BVI but then make it difficult to do business in BVI.
@jphart - nope, I do not wish to do so. That is something between Mal and myself.
Ok, I respect that, no problem. I always enjoy your long term commitment to comments here on TTOL. I’ve read nearly all of the posts on your blog for years and years. You do a great job with photos, words, and wonderful stories. Yes, I even read what you eat!🤣 And I’ll continue to do so in the future. All the best, JPH
Too bad we'll miss each other! Im enroute and will be down in the VIs until the 16th if anyone is around and wants to meet up. "Work trip" but ill have some free time.