|
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 769
Joined: January 2003
|
|
|
17 members (GOTOSUN, louismcc, 2tannedfannies, Rumlover, o2bnsxm, CaribbeanCanadians, triciatn, FantasyFrank, cbinparadise, SXMScubaman, Marie, StMartinFan, RatmansWife, Bella, JeanneB, 2 invisible),
388
guests, and
52
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 287 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 287 Likes: 2 |
Hello TTOLers!
I purchased 4 light sconces from Bamboushay on Tortola for our home in Tennessee.
The pieces took a few months to make and are now ready.
It now appears shipping these back to the U.S. (even from St John) will cost a fortune- which I am totally prepared to pay - but I figured I would reach out to the community to see if anyone might have interest in returning to U.S. with 1 of the 2 boxes (or both).
I’d certainly compensate anyone willing to assist - I think the best option would be on a boat headed to Florida/North Carolina area or maybe even Bahamas….I realize this is a super silly request but figured I would reach out and at least ask. I could probably drive or fly to anywhere on the East Coast cheaper than this is going to cost to mail/ship
Bamboushay said they could pack everything in 1 box, but packing in 2 boxes would be more manageable.
Fair Winds!
…only 45 more days to Winter Solstice!
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238 Likes: 10
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238 Likes: 10 |
Send me an email, I might be able to help. Will be in Tortola next week. Matt@yachtwarriors.com
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 287 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 287 Likes: 2 |
Thanks Matt! (and TTOL as usual)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917 Likes: 27 |
Do you have AA miles? You can get a round-trip ticket from Nashville to Tortola for 25k frequent flyer miles this month.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3 |
We will be flying our plane from Nashville to BVI in December. How big are the boxes
tpcook
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 287 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 287 Likes: 2 |
RatmansWife and tpcook- thank you both - using miles is certainly an option - and tgat plane option sounds fantastic too …still working Matt’s angle too…I just sent him the box dimensions too….I dis want to post those here too for tpcook- I’d be curious where you’ll return back to in the states after Tortola…
Box sizing from Bamboushay
“Each sconce is approximately 12" x 5" wide. We wrap each one in corrugated roll.
We can double up on the card roll and each sconce can be carried in a carry-on, in our paper kraft bags OR in boxes.
If they are going under the plane, boxes are best. We can cut down boxes to just fit two sconces side by side. Let's say 14" Hx 14" W x 8" D
The sconces are placed flush back to back”
Estimated shipping cost from Bamboushay
“Since the US tariffs have hit our shipping costs, we are looking at maybe $200 per box.
It used to cost maybe $75 - $90 to ship two sconces. If your contact can get the sconces into the US, the USPS charges shouldn't be that bad.”
Honestly the $400 ish price tag for shipping doesn’t seem unreasonable to me and it certainly won’t require anyone else assisting me while they are on vacation/travel…..but do like a good story!
Holler back if anyone wants to chat more - can move to email too or PM if desired
|
|
|
|
|