Traveltalkonline.com Forums

. >


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 26
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Eva
Eva
Annapolis
Posts: 1,936
Joined: October 2000
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
11 members (bostonbob, Good Boy Gus, pandpfromcanada, SkipperC, shieneehead, Colour1, Eva, 4 invisible), 399 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Apr 2026
Posts: 2
Likes: 1
L
Lucía Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
L
Joined: Apr 2026
Posts: 2
Likes: 1
I am spending two nights in OSJ before flying home. I have read all the Top 10 lists (Barrachina, Marmalade, St. Germain, etc.). I get it. Those are the famous spots.
But I have a rule: I don't want to eat where the tourists take photos. I want to eat where the line cooks go after their shift ends or where the sommelier takes his wife on a Tuesday. Bonus points if the menu is handwritten and in Spanish only

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2026
Posts: 1
S
Member
Offline
Member
S
Joined: Apr 2026
Posts: 1
Forget Barrachina (tourist trap since 1990). Go to El Jibarito on Calle Sol. It's not hidden, but it's real. The mofongo with churrasco is the best in OSJ. Handwritten specials on a chalkboard. No view or frills, only old ladies in the kitchen who have been there for 30 years.

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by Step-man
Forget Barrachina (tourist trap since 1990).

This made me laugh out loud. A travel agent friend of ours (who travels VERY WELL) told us to go there last trip.

Our first sign should have been the chain across the entrance. We were "admitted" when we said we were wanted drinks and lunch. I had no idea about the history until we sat down and we were the only patrons not taking selfies.

Staff left the chain unattended and the flood gates openned with so many people coming in just to take pictures and leave. What a zoo.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5