Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,035
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
mahokid 30
RonDon 30
erb923 27
kim 18
Member Spotlight
xrayman67
xrayman67
Panama City Beach, Florida
Posts: 789
Joined: January 2017
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
15 members (lovemysxm, Rumlover, Lovethebeach65, Caribob, SXMbeachman, SXMScubaman, Kelly G, lcote, socamon, 706jim, 5 invisible), 421 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#35864 01/23/2015 11:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
S
Member
OP Offline
Member
S
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
any local knowledge of trellis bay cyber café and watersport rentals still in business. have not had any luck contacting Jeremy wright. I have not been around in a couple years . hope all is well.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166
Likes: 1
Unfortunately Jeremy passed away a few months ago. The cyber cafe is presently closed and as rumor has it, may open under new mgmt.


Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 826
L
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
L
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 826
I was there two weeks ago and asked at Aragorn's what was happening. Jeremy's brother left and went back to England. He had initially told me they were going to reopen. Nobody knew at that time what was going to happen. It's still closed as far as I know.

My guess is that the government may not want it to reopen in consideration of their ongoing desire to develop Beef Island. Getting a trade licence for any business there may prove problematic. That's just my thoughts. I could very well be off the mark.

Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
S
Member
OP Offline
Member
S
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
WOW SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT JEREMY....THANKS FOR THE INFO. JEREMY HAD BROUGHT IN A SPECIALTY SURFING KAYAK ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO OR SO FOR ME AND I HAD LEFT MY OWN PADDLE THERE FOR USE WHEN EVER I CAME DOWN. HE ALWAYS WAS A COOL DUDE.. GOD BLESS

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,184
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,184
Quote
LianeLeTendre said:
My guess is that the government may not want it to reopen in consideration of their ongoing desire to develop Beef Island. Getting a trade licence for any business there may prove problematic. That's just my thoughts. I could very well be off the mark.

I might be wrong, but I believe that the Trellis Bay Cyber Café trade licence had both Jeremy's and Aragorn's names on it.

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166
Likes: 1
That is what I heard from Aaragon


Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,184
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,184
Also noticed yesterday that Aragorn is pushing Trellis Bay full moon party for next week.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 58
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 58
On a somewhat related topic, what is the status of the airport expansion??

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 826
L
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
L
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 826
I hope that's true and that Aragorn has an interest in reopening the restaurant. That would be wonderful! Seems so strange to go there and see the place closed. Was there on Wednesday and it just looks sad.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5