We returned last night and just posted some new pictures of Cupecoy. http://groups.msn.com/sxmphotos2/nov519.msnw?Page=1

An update on WIFI access: Yippee, it's all over Maho area. Yesterday we parked the car next to Royal Islander and put up our beach chairs and umbrella to wait for the plane. Got the laptop out to see what I could pick up. Not only did I detect Sunset Beach Bar, but Maho's and Royal Islander's signal as well. Was able to check AA flight to see if it was on time. We went to Shrimpers one evening for cocktails and 4 people were using their laptops.

Our first week we were at our place at the Royal Islander, and we didn't realize how bad late afternoon traffic was till the next week when we moved over to LaVista. From about 4:30 on, traffic backs up around the bend at the airport and doesn't move!! Took 45 minutes to get from Cupecoy over to the Pelican entrance.

As Of Thursday, Orient still wasn't charging, but we were told they were waiting for signs to arrive.

This trip we ate all our meals on the Dutch side. We went into Marigot one Sunday night and both parking lots were pretty empty. Decided to head back to the other side, since there seemed to be too many shady looking fellas hanging around.

Mullet Bay area made the papers last week. One murder, a guy had his throat slit while sitting in his car. It was believed to involve drugs. The second story involved the police searching for bad guys. Shots were fired and a car was damaged. Think they got away though.

There is so much construction going on, I'm afraid of what the island will be like in a very short while. The roads can't be built any wider, and there's more and more cars on the island.

Pauline

We are the People our parents warned us about!