We have also just returned from Eden Bay. The vacation was overall a terrific time. What we enjoyed probably the most was the setting that this resort is placed in and the staff that this resort has. It's really a gorgeous resort. This plus fact the Dominicans really are a wonderful, friendly group of people who went out of their way to always accomodate our needs. Plus they were just plain fun to be around.

We also liked the hot tubs and the pools. One hot tub is right out on the ocean. It couldn't be any better and the water temp was perfect. Plus they had REAL pools. The kind you can swim and dive in. Not a 4 1/2ft. depth pool that you wade in all the time but a pool with a REAL deep end it. Something you just can't find anymore at most hotels and resorts. I hope nobody sues them. We snorkeled and swam in the ocean too. It is rocky but at least you can go in the ocean and not just look at it. Great snorkeling if you are at least a respectable swimmer.

The food was overall OK. Some meals were great, others not that good. Inconsistency was the word at dinnertime. Lunches and snacks were fine and breakfast was uneventful but tiring. They are in the process of an " extreme makeover" in the kitchen area so better days are ahead. The GM from Caliente rode in on the ride from the airport so we actually heard more than we wanted to know.

Probably our biggest lament was that when you wanted to be by yourselves at mealtime you couldn't necessarily do that. That probably sounds very selfish and self-centered to most people but when you come from our business ( the resort business) it's not. We spend 24/7, 50 weeks a year in the people pleasing business. And we like socialing and meeting people as much if not more than most people. But after a day of being out and about we look forward to just sitting down to a quiet dinner together. Just the two of us and relaxing over our meal and some wine. With the way Eden Bay does their table set-ups most meals are a minimum of a table of 4. Sometimes 6 or 8. After having been with those people all day long I/we need a break from them. Some people aren't like that but we are. The other resorts we go to always had enough seating to allow for tables of 2. We missed that. Trust us we met many wonderful, interesting and fascinating folks. But I enjoy everything in moderation.

We'll be back