My Wife and I (and our 7 month old) just returned from 2 weeks in SXM. This will mark our 8th trip to St. Martin.

Here are a few food highs .. and some lows:

Breakfast:
Top Carrot – fresh, healthy food, a nice change from all the bacon & eggs.
La Sucriere – great new bakery, don’t go here if you are on a diet, buy some small quiches to take to the beach!
Zee Best – great crepes, eggs etc
Mary’s Boon – always great for traditional breakfast & carrot pancakes, WiFi
Sunset Beach Bar – went primarily for the WiFi, breakfast, although cheap, is not great.

Lunch:

L’ Tropicana – best lunch we had, most amazing French fries we’ve ever had, great salads, nice marina views.
Hilma’s Windsor Castle – we love Hilmas! Great food to take on the plane, patties, Johnny cakes, fried chicken etc.
Bikini Beach – nice scene, food not great.

Dinner:

Peg Leg Pub – this was a disaster. Went on a Friday night, 8pm, place was empty, ordered a $30 dollar steak which was small, tough, and rather sad looking. Wife had fish and chips, which smelled fishy and was quite small. We sent our food back and left. I had a great meal here about a year ago. I guess its gone downhill. Never again.
Le Marrakech – Moroccan, great as ever, go for the lamb tangine!
Zee Best – not just for breakfast folks. We had an awesome dinner here – modern French cuisine, reasonbly priced, we shall return.
L’ Tropicana – French, had our best meal here to our surprise, as good as anything we’ve had in Grand Case. Rack of Lamb was amazing.
Sunset Café – at the Grand Case Beach Club, great view of the water, very nice French.
Lido Barbeque (take out) – ribs and chicken combos, nice.
Aldywan (take out) – Lebanese specialties, hummus with meat, tabouli and spinach pies. Nice new place for take out. Packed every time we drove by.
Bounty (take out) – pate and baguette anyone?

Hope this helps those of you on your way there!

Enjoy

Larry, Jurgita & Maia