Highlights of our June trip (in no particular order):
  • Time with Davide and Cele - the best of times with our closest friends.
  • Seeing Candace and Robin in the islands, and time with Malcolm. Always fun!
  • Meeting GaryT's family (Beth, Ryan, Connor) + Kaley (sp?). Wow - what a nice group of folks. We wish we could have spent more time with them.
  • Neptune's Treasure - the crew took such good care of us. Special thanks to Randy - what a guy!! Breakfasts there are so goooood!
  • Linda Thielman (Vernon Soares's daughter/Randy's wife) - Linda is a very special lady. The more you know her, the more you want to know her. She took us on a field trip to llok for wild Anegada orchids. We found one area where we saw four different species - all blooming - within 50 feet of each other. Linda also gave us some mammy-apple that she brought from Saba. I baked pies from it.
  • Cow Wreck Beach - our island home.
  • Belle Creque and family (our island family) - one of the main reasons that we spend so much time in the BVI. So much love.
  • Field day with Trayesha (Lauren Creque's daughter/one of our island nieces) - a real honor to be invited, and a fun afternoon watching Tray. She won two races.
  • Anegada fishing - caught lots of fish (tarpon, bone, hind, snapper, cuda, shark).
  • Alex Warren - a close friend, and a lot of fun to spend time with.
  • Kia Soares - what a girl! Kia fished with us in the mornings, and I taught her to cast a fly rod. She caught two tarpon on my fly rod in one morning. She really delighted us, and we look forward to more fishing with her in a couple of weeks.
  • The sea lion on Anegada. Never before had one been seen in the BVI. Dean Soares said we had been in the sun too long when we told him - but when he saw the pictures, he just shook his said and asked why didn't I buy a lottery ticket that day.
  • Partying at Potter's By The Sea. We were there many nights, and had a ball. One night at Neptune's, a group of 10 at a table next to us finished their dinner, then each randomly pulled a wig from a bag and wore it. We ran into them later at Potter's, and they had extra wigs. Alex's band was playing, so we partied the night away exchanging wigs. I put wigs on others (Potter, Dean Soares, Randy Thielman, Sidney Wheatley, Glenn Levons) and got pics of them also. Again - what a time at Potter's - the place to be after dinner on Anegada.
  • Meeting Jerzeegurl - what a nice, nice person! Hope to see her more in the islands in the future.
  • Touring the Anegada water desal plant - high tech comes to Anegada. Not a single customer is connected to the water main, though. I'm betting that connections will occur before the elections next year.

Walker Mangum
Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada