Wont report much on the sailing and diving last week - which was great - but all been recounted here before (sorry DIF peeps) other than to say it was CROWDED! Got shut out of Cooper at 12:30, Marina Cay at 2:30; Diamond Cay at 2:30 and got last mooring at Norman at 3:45. We found alternatives of course but it has become almost stressful racing to anchorages and then the hovering! Omg it takes away from the relaxation a little. I almost liked it better w no moorings and u knew you needed to find a nice place to anchor.
Anyway, I spoke to a ton of locals, of all varieties, and no one seems to think the airport extension is happening anytime soon. Yay! The cruise dock extension was being worked on when we were there and will be done soon.
I have to say that the TUI dock/moorings/sunsail was about as efficient and helpful as I have ever seen it and I have been chartering for 20 years and a former Sunsail boat owner. In some ways I am sad bc the charm of Island Time and them screwing up was part of the experience but of course it was frustrating (esp for a NYer like me). I have chartered at many bases in the Carib, Turkey and Greece and this is run the best. Shout out to Dive BVI, whom met us at the boat for 4 dives, including helping my sons friend get certified. The Last Resort was up running and the owners/staff were GREAT and the food, while limited in choice was first rate. Drove to the Baths for the first time ever from Leverick. The drive was incredible, and the whole experience easier (albeit ridiculously crowded) but still going by boat is an experience in and of itself if any moorings are open. Well, another one in the books!! Next stop, Heieneken Regatta St, Martin. Any TTOLs going?