As I said in Part 1 we did absolutely nothing for the five weeks on island. We are (rather my husband is) not night people so we really don't go out much in the evening. We will have a nice lunch than eat in at night. As people have said the traffic is horrendous! One night when we did go out to dinner at Pineapple Pete's the traffic was still backed up going to Phillipsburg at 8:30 PM. I'm sure though the new 'roundabout' will have helped that! We have never seen so many of the scratch-off cards being almost forced on you on Front St. I've seen them numerous times in Marigot but this was the first time I saw the cards in Phillipsburg.

I did not mention our flights in Part 1. We had an uneventful flight down with the exception of the three hour lay-over in SJU. What a PITA that is!!! We breezed through Immigration and did not have a long wait for our luggage. Lesley Bruce (Kenny's) was waiting for us outside the terminal. He is such a dependable man and we have used him numerous times and will be using him again next April/May. For our return we had planned an early check-in but with the traffic situation and the fact that we stay in Phillipsburg we changed our minds. I really love the early check-in but I think we were prudent not to do that. So we had a great good-bye lunch at the 12 Meter Yacht Club and went back to the Villa, picked up our luggage and drove to the airport. Traffic was a little backed up going that way but not too bad...took us about 30-35 mins. to get there. Arrived just before 2:30 for our 4:35 flight and Lesley was there to pick up the car. This was at the new airport. It is really big, bright and clean. Check-in was smooth...three ahead of us, not too bad. Then we go up to the upper level to get to our gate...walked all the way to the end of the terminal and then we had to go to the lower level where the B 1,2,3 gates are. Now THAT place was awful. Air conditioning was not working. It is all glass so the sun is streaming through at that time of day and it was not a comfortable wait. There is a vending machine there for Cokes, Dasani water, etc. but it was not working. We got a small bottle of water at one of the stores and it cost $3.00! The water in the vending machine was $1.00. Now I wonder just what happened to that machine??? While waiting Continental landed and the passengers had a long walk around the building to get into Immigrations. No jet walk was used. Then two AA flights landed. One just walked from the plane and the other used the bus. Our flight was late leaving and we had to use the bus to get to the plane. I have no idea who uses the jet walks. Didn't see any in use while we were waiting. This is getting long so I'll post about SJU later.

Annie