2016 St. Martin April 2-16

April 2 we got up at 4:00 am to begin our journey. Our flight to Charlotte left at 7:30 am and went without a hitch.
We arrived in Charlotte and walked straightway to the flight to St. Martin. ...boarded the plane and arrived in beautiful sxm at 3:10 pm. We sat on the tarmac waiting for a gate for about 30 minutes. Sxm has installed automated immigration machines but were not using them.

We got our luggage and found triple AAA car rental. We picked up the car and drove to club orient. We had pre ordered groceries from the boutique so upon arrival to our room 165... The groceries were in place. What a lovely feature! Next year I will order even more groceries. Our favorite cat grey greeted us. I brought some cat food from home to feed him until I could go to the grocery store. It was a pleasant surprise to find we now have a television in the room!!!

We unpacked then had dinner with friends at papagayo. We shared the mussels and the steak Oscar.

April 3 Sunday we had breakfast and lunch on the patio. We went to simply grocery store where they were taking $1 for 1 euro....but the shelves were sparkly stocked. We went to the beach...which is the smallest I have ever seen it. There is only one row of chairs which normally has four rows. We went to papagayo for dinner with friends. We both had a salad and French onion soup. There was no entertainment.

April 4 Monday we had breakfast and lunch on the patio. We went to the beach and walked down a good way to see all of the changes that have transpired. There were 8 new building...5 are occupied...but many of the smaller kiosks were still vacant. We had dinner at papagayo. We shared a crab guacamole appetizer that was to die for....and a salad wedge and shrimp creole. All was very good. The entertainment was shine. We came back to the room and watched dancing with the stars.

April 5 Tuesday we had breakfast on the patio and a cheeseburger at papagayo. We attended the managers wine and cheese party. We had spaghetti dinner at a friend’s.

April 6 Wednesday we had breakfast and lunch on the patio. We walked down the beach to buy a couple of pareos at sexy fruit….2 for $25. We had dinner at papagayo. We shared the crab guacamole martini and the filet of sole.

April 7 Thursday we had breakfast on the patio. We shared a club sandwich at papaguyo for lunch. We went to Ti buchon for dinner. I had foie gras and duck…Steve had cod fritters and beef burgundy.

April 8 Friday our 44th anniversary. We had breakfast and lunch on the patio and we went to Sunset café in Grand case beach club for dinner. We had a beautiful sunset. We had a bottle of wine. WE shared escargot…then Steve had sea scallops risotto with arugulas…and I had mussels. We shared crème Brule and coffee with baileys. It was an amazing evening.

April 9 Saturday we had breakfast and lunch on the patio. We ate at papagayo. I had the crab and guacamole appetizer….Steve had the mussels. We shared the salad wedge.

April 10 Sunday we had breakfast on the patio and shared a cheeseburger at papgayo. We went to Sunset Café for dinner. We shared sea scallop gratin….Steve had red snapper and I had foie gras. We shared crème Brule.

April 11 Monday We had breakfast and lunch on the patio and had dinner at papagayo. We shared the crab and guacamole, the lettuce wedge and had French onion soup.

April 12 Tuesday We had breakfast and lunch on the patio. We attended the managers wine and cheese party. We had dinner at a friend’s.

April 13 Wednesday we had breakfast and lunch on the patio and dinner at papagayo. We shared a Caesar salad and fettuccini bolognaise.

April 14 Thursday We had a croissant on the patio and a sandwich for lunch on the patio. We went to Oceans 82 for dinner. Steve has lobster bisque and lobster risotto. I had foie gras and sea scallops with duck carpaccio with foie gras sauce. We shared grand Marnier crème Brule.

April 15 Friday…our last day. We had croissants for breakfast. We had our last cheeseburger in paradise for lunch. We had crab guacamole and a lettuce wedge for dinner.

April 16 …Saturday…we had an almond croissant on the beach. We checked out at 10:30 and headed to the airport. The car return to AAA was flawless. Check in at American was flawless. We had a domino’s pizza and a glass of wine. We have never seen the airport so crowded. Our flight left 90 minutes late. We barely made out connecting flight in Charlotte. We got home about 11:00 pm.

This was a lovely relaxing trip. We made many good memories with friends. Our best meal of the week was at Sunset café…by far. We will return next year.

[Linked Image]