Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
ndfaninnc
ndfaninnc
Kannapolis, NC
Posts: 845
Joined: September 2006
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
12 members (sxm1986, CJIMI, charlie, SXMScubaman, Rover, SharonfromSXM, lbksxm, ggffrr11, 4 invisible), 431 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
cbf, maineskier69, Matt W
Total Likes: 3
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#341049 12/11/2025 12:40 PM
by Husker
Husker
Anyone have experience staying in the Long Bay anchorage? Wind Guru is forecasting a north swell for the next couple days. Wonders how that affects that anchorage. Thanks.
Liked Replies
#341073 Dec 11th a 09:47 PM
by Husker
Husker
Thanks Matt and Mal. We skipped it this time and went up to North Sound. Very nice here tonight after yesterday's squalls and rolling around all night at Marina Cay.
1 member likes this
#341093 Dec 12th a 07:00 PM
by Rosie
Rosie
Matt, Your wonderful pictures brought back marvelous memories of VG and Long Bay. We used to do 9 days on STJ and 9 days on VG. We were land bound, but snorkeled out to the point many times.
I'm 85 now. My last trip snorkeling was to GC a year ago April. I would go by myself against my daughter's wishes. This last April I listened to them.
I lurk here on the forum for treasures like your pictures.
Happy Holidays to all.
1 member likes this
#341065 Dec 11th a 07:35 PM
by Matt W
Matt W
Great anchorage but not with any swell...you'll have to check it out next time. I did see a monster hammerhead when diving on the anchor. I think suitable for overnight in settled conditions. We were backwinded. A few photos from out last visit below...
Attached Images
1 member likes this
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5