RonDon 32
bailau 26
lcote 26
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
DnnyMller
Who's Online Now
29 registered members (patentshark, jagmansr, Dutchman, Carib_Ian, Kevin_B, TravelHat, Zanshin, KirkB, Indyboater, JandIrene, Bernd, MrEZgoin, Sunnysideup, kaba, WorldWalker, cabokid, Steve27, 706jim, bailau, jrw, dfmsml, xrayman67, 7 invisible), 493 guests, and 87 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
US VI and Puerto Rico
20 minutes ago
Hello all,
Heading down to St John on Wednesday , anyone know how full the National Park bays are currently? Just wondering how hard it will be to grab mooring balls
0 7 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by pat
I am under the impression there is no sc tacked on to your check on the French side as, by French law, it’s automatically built into the menu pricing. The sc add-on is a Dutch side thing, or at least that’s my understanding. Am I mistaken?

No, I'm sure you're correct.. I just got overzealous checking everywhere.... However, we did have a gentleman at Orient ask us for extra tip last year.
10 501 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
1 hour ago
Rick--I will definitely do that! grin
4 129 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
OK thanks. Sorry I was too impatient!
3 124 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
OK, nice picture still.
4 113 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Joint press release from the State and the Community of Saint-Martin / Fire at the Geminga shipyard

The Saint-Martin firefighters intervened last night to control a fire which broke out in a 200m² hangar on the Geminga shipyard in Sandy Ground.

The hangar was completely destroyed and a nearby boat damaged. Hydrocarbon reserves were protected by firefighters to avoid the risk of explosion.

Oil drums stored in the hangar were affected by the fire causing engine oil to spill into the Simpson Bay lagoon. Precautions have been taken to contain this pollution and prevent it from getting worse. A procedure to assess this pollution is triggered in order to assess the level of seriousness and, if necessary, implement proportionate measures.

The fire was contained at 5:00 a.m., however firefighters remained on site to monitor the site.

Prefect Vincent BERTON visited the scene of the fire this morning. He assured the business manager that the State would carefully monitor the consequences of the disaster on the activity of his company and would study potentially available aid measures.

President Louis MUSSINGTON and Prefect Vincent BERTON would like to salute the responsiveness and commitment of the Saint-Martin firefighters who fought for a good part of the night against this large-scale fire and prevented the fire from spreading to the rest of the construction site.
0 57 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
If fort Louis is on your left; go past Marigot , on the right, heading toward GC
2 121 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
4 units share a pool. In 5 visits one time a couple used it that way. This is the opposite side of the nude beach so i think most folks who want that stay somewhere closer
5 844 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
CocoMaya is a great choice. For a memorable experience, book the ocean deck stage.. In Cane Garden, Myett's is good but Paradise is, in my humble opinion, much better.
8 222 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Maho all morning.

Daughter and I attempted to split from the group to head into Philipsburg around 1:42PM. Huge mistake.. Traffic snarled along Welfare road from the curve at the end of the runway.

After 20 mins sitting in front of Captains Ds, we ditched our Burg run and made plan B.

I made the right into the parking lot and ate at FRITAY. Its next door, off the road, from Capt D's.

It was the best Haitian cuisine she'd had on the island so far. Tender and MOIST griot, crispy plantains that had heft and weren't paper this and oil sogged.

Headed back to Maho and showered and napped for a last evening all out together with friends.

Dinner was happy Hour at Roma and Chow, but with the entire crew. 4 adults, 4 teens, basically had all the apps, a few pizzas and a pasta dish, maybe 8 drinks...about $200. That's a nothing burger. Again, shout out to users Fabila &FlyingColour1. Great food and lovely ambiance. The water bridge effect is unique. Only note, is spray for mosquitoes. The fans are effective but not under tables. So they got my legs while we dined!
0 68 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Carol, they did at least have a ramp. One thing that I heard a lot of people complain about (but personally I couldn't care less) was that your "priority" for boarding was worthless since it's just a matter of who gets off the bus first. Like I said, I didn't really mind because we do check our bags and I wasn't concerned with finding overhead space, but there were some people very unhappy with that aspect of it and the inability to board first. I do understand the frustration if it's something you've paid for.
11 831 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
I grew up on a sailboat based out of Grenada. We sailed the island chain up and down from Grenada to Puerto Rico often as my stepfather was retired military and we took advantage of the medical and commissary perks at Roosevelt Roads. We were often the only boat in White Bay, the coral and sea life was still beautiful most everywhere, we played hide and seek in the rocks at The Baths and often didn't run into any other people. Another core memory is helping my mom carry an enormous wrench through the airport in St. Thomas to help our friend "fix" the prop on the plane he had given us a ride on. Today, you can't even get a bottle of sunscreen through the airport! I definitely miss those days but also appreciate the refrigerator/freezer on my catamaran compared to our ice box, having 200+ gallons of water instead of 25 and being able to take a fresh water shower on the boat!
23 2,513 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Deepcut
Thanks for the information and so sad for the couple and their family.

Co-incidently, on my flight home from BVI this week, I learned of the murder of a 22 year old female student at the University of Georgia.Her alleged killer did not know her, but like the incident Ocean Song posted about, the assailants had history of violence/crime. (the last murder of student at UGA was over 20 years ago.

I learned about this murder from a friend who's family had sailed with me in the BVI a couple years ago. Her daughter was good friends with the victim.

Just a reminder there is no place that is immune from crime. Always use appropriate amount of vigilance.

Both brothers are illegals.
16 695 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Tim--thanks.
20 993 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
20 hours ago
On a side note, if you have problems like that with Delta you can email the CEO directly. He publishes his email address. I am pretty sure an assistant handles most of the things but I was very satisfied with how they handled my bad situation.
9 1,109 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
20 hours ago
Whale Tail--I think that's a contract!! grin
33 2,662 Read More
British Virgin Islands
21 hours ago
Christmas in July is when many boats came over from Puerto Rico. At first we were dismayed but came to realize that 1. These were excellent sailors. 2. There were many families, so very few late nights, and 3. They were a lot of fun to be around. There were a few Anchorages, red lined on moorings chart, that they would fill up. They anchored instead of using a mooring, and did raft up. But for the most part they were off very early in the morning. Not sure if Christmas in July still happens, but if you encounter them, don’t worry.
3 229 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Just landed off JetBlues 12:24 departure today on Saturday.

Arrived at PJIA @0930 for a 12:24 flight.

Kiosks and security were empty and an absolute breeze to get through.

Having flown out of TLV, CDG, YUL, LGA and now SXM this past 8 months, we have to say that SXM and LGA have come a REAL long way in a year.

And as I did my usual back and forth walking in the terminal, I saw that the newest Duty Free, just to the right when you get past security, was being stocked.

It opened today around 10:15. I was the 2nd customer inside. Prices and signs were still coming up.

So it’s progressing! And it’s a VERY pleasant space. Both LGA and SXM have raised the bar as far as the ambiance.

First time using the Mint product, very good use of space.
0 287 Read More