Member Spotlight
MarkS
MarkS
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
11 registered members (JB574, Canuck54, cjr, popswb, AUCspouse, MNsnowbird, markis, cacapasa, SurfandSail, 2 invisible), 67 guests, and 172 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
We prefer Potter's if our entire crew just wants grilled lobster (or their lobster fettuccine). We go to Wonky Dog if some of the crew want other menu options.
6 214 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
Nope, now it’s blocked on copyright grounds
1 24 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
According to the local weekly newspaper, St Barth had 112 yachts/megayachts for New Years, down from 215 last year. That suggests that 50% of the yachts may not be around.
2 186 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
wave
2 364 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
My favorite dish while in St. Martin. I pay one of the housekeepers at LaVista Beach, an excellent cook,to make me a big pot of "curry goat" every year.
19 2,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Great price. Waiting for Oct rates on JB to be announced as we have credits from untaken Fall trip.
3 489 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Love their Bloody Mary's and eggs Benedict too. Last trip I ordered BM deluxe w 2 big shrimp. I have a great photo of it but haven't paid attention on how to post photos yet on new forum.
13 858 Read More
Afloat
8 hours ago
0 31 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 hours ago
Reminds me that while recovery is underway we are all in someway in mourning/grieving/coping over what happened just now only 4 months ago. I cant imagine what it must be like.
4 394 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 hours ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyeqeqSNSgQ

737 MAX near vertical takeoff.

This would bring the kids out to Maho beach!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3GoKMjfbL4

And super short landing
0 187 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
Your video is still blocked by YouTube
4 327 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Does anyone know if Gus from Bai Rouge is back in business?
0 182 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
I don't remember site but I just did a google search entered stay park fly and the airport and a list came up. But then I went to individual hotel sites and found a better rate.
1 264 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by jazzgal
Will we be able to post our trip dates on the calendar at some point? I see how to add an event on a particular day, but I don't see the option to have it repeat until an ending date.

I do understand there are more important issues on your plates. wink

I believe Eric is still doing some work on the calendar. At least that was my last understanding as he had me try some things last weekend.
1 168 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Beach along the water edge is great, you can go barefoot but be cautious, there is debris and have found some glass. The sand does seem to be filling in as there are less rocks in the water than a week ago but that can change quickly.
1 433 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
Has anyone visited Dawn Beach recently , just wondering what condition it is in and if Busbys will be rebuilding.
0 212 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Amazing info! This is super helpful- thank you!! Was hoping someone had been down recently with first-hand info!!!
12 843 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:25 PM
Had Irma never happened, we'd be on the beach right now completing our second week. But just moved one of our missed weeks to August thanks to a couple of emails to Paulina. Airfare from Boston thru PHL on American was $391 rt. On the wait list to see if we can pair the lost second week with one of our regular weeks when we we return next year with family. Happy things came together quickly with none of the hassles we heard impacted others.
7 1,482 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 08:20 PM
Easiest would be to get a mooring at Frenchtown Marina - contact CYOA Yacht Charters. Dinghy to their dock then walk the 5 minutes to C&I.

We cleared in today. Try to avoid arriving when 2 ferry boats pull in! They will clear in the ferries before private vessels. We had a 45 minute wait. In December it took us 5 minutes when the ferry dock was clear.

Note that C&I at Charlotte Amalie is closed from Noon-1 PM.

The C&I agent I spoke with could not offer any status update on the STJ office reopening. He quietly acknowledged that only an estimated 25% of the STT and STJ day boats running to the BVI were legalling clearing back in at Charlotte Amalie.
6 387 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
They have tried to fix this water problem many times over the years, but nothing was successful. They need ditches on both sides of the road to fix this problem, but the road is too narrow for these. Moving some properties and widening the road is the only answer and it seems that is not going to happen.
6 753 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:08 PM
I believe I read that they intend to repair the terminal building to withstand a future cat 5 hurricane. Stronger than it was before. That is going to take longer than some simple patchwork.
8 860 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:00 PM
They don't have a web site, but these folks do regular hikes https://www.facebook.com/SXM-Trails-162783230420132/

And here https://www.trisportsxm.com/
1 171 Read More
Southern Caribbean
Yesterday at 04:48 PM
There are many stories around on some sites, many by people who have not been there for quite a while. If one is looking for a high end yacht club/YCCS experience, this is not the place to go unless one is going to park at Mustique (no marina though). If one wants to experience as much of the old Caribbean as still exists, this is it.

Boat Boys in the Grenadines are generally quite helpful in my experience. In the Tobago Cays they need to have a license to even be there, and this is how they make a living. One can get bread, sundries, ice, tobacco, fish, lobster, and more. It is a bit pricey, but when one considers they have fuel bills, inventory, and the convenience of delivery it is not too bad, Ask/confirm the pricing in advance for things they will bring in the morning. Some negotiation is possible. Politeness, as always, is key.

St. Lucia and St. Vincent proper they can be a bit aggressive coming out to meet you a mile off shore to volunteer to take your lines. No Boat boys in Carriacou or Grenada we saw.
15 561 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by tpcook
I just received the first proposal from the insurance company, but it is so ridiculous that we (My son and I) are responding that we are preparing or arbitration in the matter. I may need some one to act as an arbitrator in the matter. As an example, they are saying we are under insured by 87.6% and then in another paragraph they are saying the estimate that we submitted was too high even though it was at a per sqft rebuild of $237 The villa is heavily damaged and nothing can be reused except for the cistern. I estimated a 40 week rebuild and they think 30 weeks. A villa cannot be built in the BVI in 30 weeks.

Basically the insurance company is abusing their clients.

Sent you a PM
62 6,514 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:01 PM
Thanks Eric I didn't recognize the new format and kept clicking on the envelope then realized I had to click on title BSV to open it.

Sorry to bother you.
2 437 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2