Member Spotlight
RickinAtlanta
RickinAtlanta
Woodstock, GA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
hopper26, warmbreezes
Who's Online Now
8 registered members (warren460, DandM29212, xrayman67, 706jim, WWII, 3 invisible), 68 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Alamanda was a condo resort as part of the Caribbean Village in Orient Bay (closer to Rue de Plage) until Irma. It's still there, but redevelopment post-Irma was postponed for several reasons but finally got going again in 2022. It's located beachfront, somewhat right behind Wai Plage. If you walked through the main Village Square, you'd also get to it that way. I've heard differing stories about how it would be remarketed, but it seems like that may still be premature.

I'd previously thought it was a "race" between Club O and Alamanda as far as who'd be last to reopen. Guess Club O "won".

Google it or check out:
https://alamanda-resort.lesserantilleshotels.com/en/#main
4 193 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
We go the week before Easter every year which varies but generally the first half of April. Over the past 3-4 years, we've seen "some" of the same couples - maybe 4 or 5 from the previous year. Before Irma, there were far more of the same people, but largely due to so many of the visitors being "Club O regulars".

If you're contemplating the third week of April, that's usually the beginning of low season, and yeah, there are a lot of regulars then.
3 1,353 Read More
World Wide Travel
4 hours ago
I didn't see the attachment manager on my screen. You can find me on FB Michael Kneafsey (not too many with that name) posted photos there.
9 1,331 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
Brent - Diesel was $6.34 at Leverick on Jan-25.
3 220 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
Hey there Charlie- I helped u guard the beach one year- so does that chicken place still do the chickens now still and what are the times to get there for your chicken- thanks.
18 10,830 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:12 PM
Id consider this at Scrub and Leverick too.
2 110 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:51 PM
Thanks so much! I always wonder which house is yours when at Diamond Reef.

We are now in the Bight on "Monashee". What a fire drill moving all our stuff to another boat, checking out that boat, etc.
We are only two people with their carry-on luggage and provisioned little food and no alcohol. I can't even imagine what it must be like to move a large group and heavy provisions!
2 225 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:42 PM
Mike Liddle is on FB. Maybe try contacting him that way.
16 1,060 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
There have not been any jetways operational since Irma--2017... 5 1/2 years..
11 689 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Had the same problem in March, 2022 at an Air B&B that we rented in Orient Village. No water from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM, most days. Never did get a full explanation as to why.
5 754 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:39 PM
I don't see bringing back as an issue at all, if you are with in the legal quantity limits and don't appear to be bringing in for anything other than personal use. Not sure on present restrictions from Cuba are, but that is about the only tobacco or alcohol country that you would actually want to bring something back from that might be restricted. If anything it is a tax and duty issue. In my last two trips I haven't even been asked what I would be declaring, and did not even slow down leaving the baggage area noting that we are just carry on. Noting that MJ is a US Customs Broker and I am in the international freight forwarding world we declare anything and everything when asked.
37 5,142 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:58 PM
Article in Herald.LINK
37 4,166 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:43 AM
Turns out we have Spectrum and no international data option.
8 1,038 Read More