Member Spotlight
LeeLee
LeeLee
Rosemont, Pa & Lewes, De.
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
SandS
Who's Online Now
28 registered members (Sunnysideup, Sea_Skyman, GeorgeC1, bostonbob, Sandsailsun, Buddyhog, Leagle49, fabila, Sunflower, cabokid, dfmsml, DanS, nevar37, luvtotravel, xrayman67, SXMScubaman, eightzerobits, SteveH, bbeach, Zanshin, michaelj, 7 invisible), 399 guests, and 147 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by onlymedication
Agree with George and Kim. I would also add that I highly prefer Silver Air over Cape, if nothing else for the aircraft they fly.

I'm personally just past the point in life where I'm prepared to be crammed like a sardine with my knees up by my ears into a pillbox with a lawnmower engine strapped to the nose. Been there, done that, don't need to be crammed into a "9 seat" Cessna again unless there are only 5 people or fewer on board, max.

The overnight in SJU can be fun, and you wake up refreshed and charged and ready to hit the ground running on Tortola the following morning. For $1,400 less, it's a no brainer to me.

Actually, it's 2 lawnmower engines strapped to the wings!
17 456 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I asked them before. No age limit.🤞👍🤞

Good to know; thanks!
16 683 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Hi,

First time posting a trip report, but we’re relatively frequent visitors to the island. We (mom, dad and school-age kid) decided at the last minute to make a trip to our beloved island over the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks to airline miles, we were able to get direct flights on Delta a day before travel. The flight was bumpy but uneventful. We lucked out and made it through immigration in less than 10 minutes and quickly picked up our car from Hardy’s. I love that they bring your car to the airport - no shuttles - and their prices are very competitive. We are happy to be loyal customers.

This trip we’re staying at the Royal Palms, a first for us. I know some folks have issues with the noise from the restaurant across the street, but we have enjoyed listening to the nightly bands. Since we can’t go hang out at the bars (because young kid), it’s kind of cool to be able to experience the band from the comfort of our condo. They finish up around midnight, so not too bad for a night owl like me.

We’re not into fancy dining, so we enjoy many of the more budget-friendly options. Places we have enjoyed so far include Mark’s Place (love the curry chicken and ribs aren’t bad according to the hubby), Pollos Hermanos (good food with generous portions), and Avantika (Friday happy hour is a nice deal with half off apps and drinks).

As for beaches, we usually head to the French side. The beach at the Royal Palms is serviceable, but we found the water and sand to be better in front of the Buccaneer Beach Bar. Today we beached at Grand Case and the water was perfect - clear and calm - with a lovely view of Anguilla to boot.
0 99 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
I love Mark’s curry chicken. But I feel the same way you do about Captain’s Rib Shack. Many people rave about it, but I was far from impressed and have no desire to return to Captain's. Different strokes for different folks. 🤷🏾‍♀️
30 1,845 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
Tmsxmsails - I’m feeling the same anxiousness ahead of my trip, seems like for the same reasons- you’re right, control the controlable, especially the boat, and the rest will work itself out, “you in da islands, mon!”
Thanks for saying it out loud, and thanks for the replies!

My wife’s been telling me “it’ll be great no matter what, and they won’t know they’ve missed something if we end up somewhere different!”
4 206 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
Thanks! I am very aware that I was very lucky and that the BVI was not the best place to have a medical emergency. However, I felt the care I received was what I required at the time. Btw, I made three or 4 trips back to the BVIs after that with no problems. We sold our boat in 2016/2017 and I haven’t been back but I miss it all the time and hope to go back.
22 1,016 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
Originally Posted by TJTrippe
Marks makes me feel like a great restaurant at home where I’m not busting the bank for a very good meal. And if a group, everybody walks away full.

👍👍👍
30 1,845 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
11 hours ago
If you want to try a very relaxing quiet naturist friendly environment then check us out at www.kazanusxm.com,
Y can stay at place where it is easy to get comfy with naturism and the bonus is we have quite a few beaches on our beautiful Caribbean Island to go nude,...
Cheers,
Tim
8 912 Read More
Afloat
11 hours ago
Price per night appears about double pre-pandemic for run of the mill cruises with no uptick in cruise/food quality. we are noe seeing the effects of all the ships scrapped in 2020 on a snap decision.
0 38 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
Marks makes me feel like a great restaurant at home where I’m not busting the bank for a very good meal. And if a group, everybody walks away full.
30 1,845 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
Ive never noticed a Bacchus at the airport. I assume it is related to the restaurant on the French side?
11 537 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Glad you got back home.
18 866 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Well, as announced a few days ago, Smash Burgers SXM in Maho opened up to the public

Located next to Mr. Chow, Here is what it looks like and the menu.

Drphilsxm
7 1,224 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Your guests have never been on this type of vacation and will have great fun even if it’s unplanned locations and schedule. No need to worry. I’m guessing they’re generally not the complaining type or you wouldn’t have agreed to the trip.

Have a great trip.
4 206 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Happy birthday!!!!!🎂🎂🍾🍾
16 683 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
I think the bartender said they got kicked out of the downstairs bar/size.
11 537 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:14 PM
Arrived alive… now driving back to Vermont.
18 866 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
Flamingo just delivered a nice fruit basket to our room. Class act.
16 683 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
My wife and I usually have gone as a couple after our kids were grown. When we've had guests, it has certainly added to the stress and pressure a bit, but was also greatly fun and rewarding. Nothing keeps one's appreciation fresh as sharing it with others.

I advise not to make a lot of advance promises on itinerary details - don't accept a mindset that you are now obligated to tick off every item on the collective itinerary.

I will confess that we actually have paid the advance boatyball reservation fee in this situation, just to provide maximal flexibility.
4 206 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:00 PM
Happy birthday.
16 683 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
The Moorings chart briefing is sadly done online now. You can do it at home before you show up.
21 2,041 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
Don't worry mon! You in da islands
4 206 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:42 PM
That is the former Mercure Hotel in Nettle Bay. Air Transat used to do all inclusive vacations there a few years ago.
18 866 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:28 PM
My trip is coming up - my first trip with non-family crew - and I'm more anxious about it than I've ever been.

When it is just my wife and I, if sh!t hits the fan, we just roll with it like we do everything else but with actual guests, I'm feeling pressure.

I want to make sure we go to the right places, hit the right bars and restaurants, snorkel the right spots, win the boatyball lottery - ugh. Not to mention the usual concerns of not dragging an anchor and having good weather.

It's dumb - these folks are great friends and have assured me that they too will roll with anything that might come up but it's hard. It actually took me a long time to agree to this trip because of this very reason. I feel responsible for them enjoying their vacation and if something happens - bad weather, breakdown, whatever - I feel like I will have cost them money (I told them this and they promised me they won't hold anything against me).

Obviously, I can only control what I can control and as long as I don't do something stupid, it is what it is and I have to just deal with it. It's just an odd feeling because I don't normally feel this kind of angst. It almost, ever so slightly, puts a damper on my anticipation of the trip. I can't wait until it actually starts and I don't have to anticipate it any more. I'm sure I will relax and switch into "deal with it" mode and everything will be fine - I hope...
4 206 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Surely there are plans for another larger bar to open??

It is VERY small. I wonder if Brian Mingo could get a seat there?
11 537 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4