Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
320sycamore
320sycamore
Massachusetts
Posts: 367
Joined: March 2005
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
8 members (SXMbeacher, MKGrey, bran, Kennys, 4 invisible), 365 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Southern Caribbean Jump to new posts
Grenada worth it if not on boat? tangerine3 1 hour ago
Hello,

We are only doing land based trip and want to go back to mayreau it has been over 10 years and unfortunately this time around it has to be in high season, we usually go off season anywhere . . .we are looking mid january to late february. We want to fly into SVD take plane to union and water taxi over to mayreau then come back through Grenada. I have been looking on Grenada and the Grand Anse is unfortunately pretty full for those times and the hotels or airbnbs that are left don't look appealing to me. We are not high end and do not do all inclusive. Like airbnbs and/or boutique accommodations. I do see some other properties but they are not in walking distance to either beach. Is it worth it to rent a car and stay somewhere other than the beach area? Would be willing to do that if the lodging had restaurants, shops and bars nearby to walk to. Any suggestions? thanks.
0 13 Read More
British Virgin Islands Jump to new posts
Re: Pre-Christmas Crowds snmhanson 1 hour ago
Thanks for the replies. We are locked into our timeline due to our daughter's college break schedule. Will try to do as much pre-planning as possible, though I'm sure we will also have exercise plenty of patience and be flexible.

On that note, my daughter's flight was already significantly changed by American Airlines after booking in just a few days ago. Had her flying SLC>MIA>EIS, but now the SLC>MIA flight is cancelled and she is getting routed through DFW. Still getting there the same day, but a longer travel day and arriving 10:00PM rather than around noon.
3 140 Read More
British Virgin Islands Jump to new posts
Re: Shocking Biras development plans Naxos 1 hour ago
Yup! Toured the site last winter- big plans indeed. I fondly remember the low key yet elegant resort with great food in the very early ‘80’s with theThonnings at the helm .
3 56 Read More
British Virgin Islands Jump to new posts
Re: Shocking Biras development plans S/Y Mockingbird 2 hours ago
YMMV but 2001 was peak Biras from our many experiences. A very special place back then. We may be slightly biased as one half of us is Dutch 🙂

This new development... 😑
3 56 Read More
British Virgin Islands Jump to new posts
Re: Shocking Biras development plans Manpot 2 hours ago
I read the whole thing..heartbreaking
3 56 Read More
British Virgin Islands Jump to new posts
Shocking Biras development plans MrEZgoin 4 hours ago
I recently received an email about Biras marina being added to a Spanish portfolio of superyacht marinas. Apparently there are big plans, not just for the marina, but also ONB style megamansions climbing up the ridge of Biras Hill.

This link shows some of what is proposed.

I advise not to open the link immediately after eating.

https://bellini.it/portfolio-articoli/biras-creek-marina-resort/
3 56 Read More
British Virgin Islands Jump to new posts
Re: Favorite BVI memories Fran 8 hours ago
PerIwinkle, Great to see you on here again. Karyl and I don't get to go down there anymore but hold many wonderful memories of our trips and TTOL parties, both on island and here in the US. I don't post very much as I don't feel I have relevant info as it's been so long since our last visit, but I continue to 'lurk' if just to see what old friends are saying.

Cheers,
Fran
29 958 Read More
British Virgin Islands Jump to new posts
Re: Favorite BVI memories Manpot Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Boy..do I miss you too..maybe think about coming solo and staying in my studio..I would truly love to see you
29 958 Read More
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5