Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,022
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 27
kim 18
Member Spotlight
RonDon
RonDon
Rhode Island
Posts: 5,344
Joined: February 2007
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
12 members (Rover, Jaybird, KDE12603, Colour1, Tom1947, Lucyann, rab, S/Y Mockingbird, Dave S, 3 invisible), 382 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Southern Caribbean Jump to new posts
Re: Grenada worth it if not on boat? Jeannius 3 hours ago
We loved Grenada when we were out there some years back. Our favourite large island in the Caribbean. It is a while back now so things may have changed but we loved La Sagesse. Well away from Grand Anse with a totally different feel. Lots of yachties stay there as it is very convenient for Grenada Marine boatyard and the hotel use to offer discounts to people having boat work done there and free shuttle buses. Another good place, just near the airport was True Blue Bay with the popular Dodgy Dock bar right there. As I said, it was a while ago so things may have changed but those would be my two go to places. If you want to go cheaper, then there are loads of friendly guest house type places along the south coast at Westerhall. I stayed at several but unfortunately can't remember the name of any of them!
1 62 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Shocking Biras development plans DanS Yesterday at 11:08 PM
For us, part of the attraction of the Bitter End was always the ability to walk the trail to Biras Creek, and on to the Fat Virgin Cafe. It will never be the same without that.

By the way, the NY Times just had an article about marinas, and groups of marinas, being bought up by investment companies. For example, this deal:

https://www.blackstone.com/news/pre...afe-harbor-marinas-in-5-65b-transaction/

Apparently marinas are viewed as a scarce and valuable resource in a world with an increasing share of wealth concentrated at the top.

Dan cheers

P.S. I'm adding on because I just saw the message from MrEZgoin that must have been posted just before mine. The trail I recall was exactly that -- just a narrow dirt walking trail, certainly without any utility poles. Was it later widened to an actual road? When I was there last year there didn't seem to be any place to access it from the Bitter End. Used to be that you'd walk up the stairs near BEYC's pool, and that led to the trail.
5 181 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Pre-Christmas Crowds snmhanson Yesterday at 07:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. We are locked into our timeline due to our daughter's college break schedule. Will try to do as much pre-planning as possible, though I'm sure we will also have exercise plenty of patience and be flexible.

On that note, my daughter's flight was already significantly changed by American Airlines after booking in just a few days ago. Had her flying SLC>MIA>EIS, but now the SLC>MIA flight is cancelled and she is getting routed through DFW. Still getting there the same day, but a longer travel day and arriving 10:00PM rather than around noon.
3 211 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Favorite BVI memories Fran Yesterday at 12:20 PM
PerIwinkle, Great to see you on here again. Karyl and I don't get to go down there anymore but hold many wonderful memories of our trips and TTOL parties, both on island and here in the US. I don't post very much as I don't feel I have relevant info as it's been so long since our last visit, but I continue to 'lurk' if just to see what old friends are saying.

Cheers,
Fran
29 1,260 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Tortola stop on Virgin Cruise Todd 09/26/2026 03:59 PM
I get the don't go when the cruise ships go, same thing we avoid on SXM in different areas, thanks for pointing that out.

I like the AC Taxi idea, key thing on this trip for us is to see if it is a place we would like to go back to. Someday we do plan on doing a sailing charter around the BVI's.

I just want to relax, eat and drink.
3 231 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: High Season vytis104 09/24/2026 01:59 PM
Never said there was a charge to be a member, sorry that my comment seemed to indicate this. But as your reply states Members help each other, and we used to get some benefits from other members for being TTOL members at various locations....esp Leverick.
17 808 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: Top 10 defunct BVI Eateries toast 09/23/2026 11:24 AM
have great memory of Flying Iguana with our kids. Really good food there as well, not to mention the unique location of being at the airport.
41 1,479 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: National Park discussion re granting luxury cruise line private access to The Baths vytis104 09/22/2026 08:43 PM
Go have cocktails or lunch at Top o the Baths and walk through the gate and head down the "old way."

We no longer go to the Baths, and instead head to the national park if we wish to head that way. We typically prefer to spend time at Fallen Jerusalem instead.
12 775 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Re: BVI Concierge Services vytis104 09/22/2026 08:31 PM
Bring back the BVI VIP program and reward those who come down regularly, not the wealthy visitors!
5 386 Read More
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5