Member Spotlight
1moresxmexpat
1moresxmexpat
St Maarten, Netherland Antilles
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
quartopiano, todoc, waterlover
Who's Online Now
55 registered members (Todd_Melinda_K, dcareri, RebeccaTN, tbaybob, dlparch, Bernd, sxmpete, chuckval, ligot, road3682, xrayman67, sail445, bbeach, Memphré, GeorgeC1, jbutah, clanzone, Mariag, Orange_Burst, Winterstale, Renee, SammyM, cvo, ndfaninnc, Manpot, LionFRR, Fred, IWIWSE, Wingman, mriley4955, trespalmas, Chiffon, JerseyPal, Tim on Blue Ginger, 48ref, captmonk, KirkB, jphart, ColoBoater, ronwald1, JasonHelmbrecht, socamon, kbd, Rbailey, 11 invisible), 485 guests, and 416 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Southern Caribbean
40 seconds ago
Your itinerary sounds like a lot of fun and you have a good amount of time. Depending on your desire to spend time in the French islands, a few alternates to this could be:

Start in Grenada and do a one way up to Martinique. A while ago I saw that DYC was offering some very good pricing for one-ways in that direction with drop offs in St. Lucia and Martinique as this likely helps them get the boats back to their starting bases after the "normal" one way charter heading south. At that time of year the winds should be more easterly so the northbound legs should not be too bad.

Another option could be to start in Guadeloupe and work down to Grenada via Dominica, Martinique, etc. If I had the time, this would be my preference as you should be off the wind the whole way with some good sailing and interesting places.

Either way there are plenty of places to hole up if there is a tropical wave coming though.

We will be in that area for 10 days around the same time doing a round trip from St. Vincent. Have a good trip
1 41 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 minutes ago
According to my friend at the Rialto it was Sunday. And the police showed up waaaay after it happened.
4 188 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
16 minutes ago
Originally Posted by GaKaye
Many of the people who frequent that beach, including Dany, who operates the concessions there, are local residents. As Todd says, it's been accepted as a clothing optional beach for decades.

And with Dany running a business there, I can see why he would accept it.
23 2,915 Read More
British Virgin Islands
21 minutes ago
Foxy's BBQ
2 234 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
34 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Sunset_Sammy
If it's because of a phone call you got from "social security" it's just a scam.

Correct, and that is why I asked.
3 241 Read More
British Virgin Islands
44 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Sedona
Trellis Bay isn’t worth it. Full Moon Party is just bars and music— you can find that anywhere in BVI and there’s not much else at Trellis. This may be an unpopular opinion but we felt like we wasted a day of our itinerary on the Trellis FMP.

Sorry to hear that. Our "overhyped" stop has been the Leverick Friday BBQ. We love Leverick and will continue to make it a stop but thought the Friday BBQ wasn't something we'd alter our itinerary for in the future. Someone mentioned a late run to the Baths with Coco Maya on the way home and THAT may be what we do next time.

Everyone has their "things" and that's the way it should be. Try everything and decide what works for each crew. We've obviously found sooooo many things to love we keep coming back and make sure each itinerary has numerous stops and events we haven't tried before. Sometimes it's glorious, others .... not as much but there is always more rum. smile
8 389 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
It might be that the pendant wasnt pulled up enough...

The 2nd end does get tied to the bow cleats being careful not to bind the other end tied to the lateral cleat and running through the middle of the bow cleat like a chock...
10 902 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
1 ship gets to go through anytime it wants for no additional fees. But then again he paid for that bridge. Owner of Victoria Secret.

Sounds Fair to me!

"he paid for that bridge."
11 516 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Nice report. We were at Mullet yesterday and Chester took care of us with the chairs and umbrella. Rosie’s chicken good as always. Beach full of families having a great time!
16 871 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Thanks for the very nice and detailed report. I admire your easy-going attitude toward your misfortunes and am surprised at your reaction to Anguilla. I love day trips there and usually go to Madeariman; same owner as L'Astrolabe in Orient Village. Thanks again for the nice details!
13 995 Read More
British Virgin Islands
11 hours ago
Originally Posted by bjack0013
Last Saturday we took the 8am ferry from Tortola to Red Hook then a taxi to arrive at STT around 10:30am. We had no line whatsoever to check bags, clear customs and go through security.

Our captain told us to take the 8am ferry because lines at STT get really bad from noon-5pm. While it sucked docking the cat a little earlier, the logistics were a breeze on our return home.

We did the same. 8 am ferry to Red Hook, customs at Red Hook, cab to STT. No wait at airport, other than waiting for United desk to open.
11 805 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
IMO its become a total jungle. From the road that is next to impossible and dangerous to get down on a busy day to the over crowding of the chairs and music way to loud. The night time crowd has really become a bunch of undesirables. We went there in Jan and left after an hour. The quickest way to go out of business to me is to not listening to your customers the lack of safe parking without hassle getting there has become to much to even bother going. Cant even image why they would want to add to that parking mess and over crowding by building more.
20 952 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
13 hours ago
Our first time experience was at the former Desert Shadows, (now Desert Sun Resort) in Palm Springs, CA.

I purposely chose an upscale type of resort for our first time, as many of the locations nearer to us were more rustic, and I knew my wife wouldn't love that part of it. I also chose Desert Shadows because of their nude requirement around the pool. I didn't want my wife to feel out of place sitting there among other women that chose not to disrobe at all, or among a bunch of men whom were nude and some women that chose not to be fully nude. My rationale was that we would be all in this together, nobody would be different in terms of clothing. She wouldn't have to feel like others around her were being more modest than she was.

It went very well. Almost 20 yrs. later and Desert Sun is still our most favorite resort, and we've tried 5 or 6 others. Some had a CO rule, and we find ourselves more comfortable with everyone nude at least around the pool. For other activities and meals, dressing is fine with us. We don't hate CO, we just prefer nude.

To be clear, Desert Sun is CO anywhere on the resort, but complete nudity is required in the pool, in the jacuzzi and on the pool decks.

You might look into trying somewhere that has other types of accommodation in the immediate area should the experience not be to your liking. It would be no fun to pay the rates for a nude resort and determine that you want nothing to do with it but have no other options to move to, especially in another country.
13 1,261 Read More
British Virgin Islands
13 hours ago
In my view, the biggest problem with the MIT crowed arises if you are trying to take a ferry at the same time as them.

If you think that may be the case, get to the ferry extra early. A reserved seat is merely a suggestion.
9 584 Read More
13 hours ago
Wow! $450-$490 December 16 - April 15.
8 2,290 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Thank you. Very helpful!
11 574 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for the report!!
10 682 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Huh. Interesting. I knew that they have to pay in order to go through the bridge, or to dock. Didn't realize they had to pay to use their own anchor at sea. Are you sure about that, Lesley?

Yep. They have to pay clearance, harbor, and bridge fee if applicable. At the police station by the bridge.

http://www.portstmaarten.com/index.php?id=20

http://yachtingstmaarten.com/clearing-0
9 1,100 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:52 PM
Bottom of the keel is about 60 feet. Decks about 30 to 40. Vis has been poor in that area. Usually can’t see the ship until down 10 feet or so.
6 688 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:46 PM
Ah, I misread that. Wind action waves, not wrap around swell prevented making a B line to B Line. 😀
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
Nanny Key will not be affected by a North Swell.
27 1,207 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:25 PM
Yes from May 8-28 and again July 11-25 celebrating our 50th and our daughter and son in laws 20th anniversary which they were married on island.
3 347 Read More
Yesterday at 06:54 PM
We were there about 2 weeks ago & spent 5 days on the beach in front of Club O. I never say anything inappropriate in the wrecked cottages. Saw Cedric quite alot & usually about 3 or 4 other guys that looked like they were keeping things safe. Don't worry, be happy
2 287 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:14 PM
Afternoon folks, well wife decided to get her hair cut and went to Benguin. She was quite happy with the hair cut. It was $50 for wash, cut, style. Good price. Thanks for the many replies.
11 815 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:56 PM
Daily Herald story

I would love to go down that slide myself!! grin
0 363 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:16 PM
Thanks for the updates.
31 2,300 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4