Member Spotlight
SXMScubaman
SXMScubaman
Auburn, WA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 560 guests, and 301 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
Welcome aboard, I hope you have a great trip! The name is from Hawaiian for "Sea Horse". We just finished our last trip on the Lio Kai contract (but on a 4500 in Abaco). We are awaiting a 42 for Tortola. I hope the boat takes good care of you!
6 1,235 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
Don Pizza !
19 522 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:31 PM
Most of those issues sound par for the course for the BVIs, but the smell factor and non-use of the AC are huge disappointments that affect your entire stay, no excuse.

Thank you for the report and looking forward to part 2!
3 380 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:02 PM
Funny, the last time we flew out of Miami, we were looking for something remotely edible to take on the plane for lunch, and pretty much struck out.
7 406 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:00 PM
Wendy==seriously? Not even going there.
13 842 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:55 PM
Beautiful pictures. I really like seeing food pictures.

Cool Heure is definitely on the list of lunch places for our next trip. Thanks for posting the menu. I’ll definitely have to brush up on my French!
7 633 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:53 PM
St Barth Commuter (SBC) out of Grand Case is less expensive than Winair out of Juliana, if only for the departure fees. Winair has more flights, SBC is less expensive. Your choice.

Taxis are expensive, more so over the course of a day than a one-day rental car. On the other hand, parking in Gustavia is awful.

If by a nice lunch on St Jean you’re looking for something upscale then consider lunch at the Eden Rock hotel. If you’re looking for more of a party atmosphere then Nikki Beach. If you’re looking for high-end shopping, then Gustavia. My suggestion would be to fly over from Grand Case in the morning, rent a car (Gumbs or Top-Loc), take a drive around the island (counterclockwise or you may get stuck in Gustavia before you figure out the way out) and just follow the coast. It’s hard to get lost on an 8 sq mi island. Valet your rental at Eden Rock, melt the numbers on your credit card, and take an afternoon flight back to Grand Case.
2 305 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Originally Posted by erb923
Thanks dude, I am here with family and I have stuff posted with no source saying don't swim where my rental is. I just wanted an actual source.

I'll Calm down now.

And I figured you might have personal/financial interest in this. Until it can be proven different, it can continue.

You mentioned "my rental", as in a property you are currently renting yourself or you have to rent to others? You were pretty adamant about the situation.

We are done here. Which is something you originally wanted so it has now happened.
14 829 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:29 AM
It's a cat and mouse game for months, is the airlines going to drop the price, should we wait a little longer??? And this goes on for MONTHS until we see the price in the budget that we are accustomed to paying!! Then we "pull the trigger"!!!
21 1,607 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:34 AM
Say what you want, this will not be an easy fix no matter how they go about it! Let's pray no one gets hurt!! This aint like getting a lil zap from a 110 outlet!!
4 508 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by gjconsult
We anchored off Prickly Pear to the left of Sandbox, west side last week. The oddest thing happened. The anchor STUCK. We dove the anchor to find it was a 4 ft metal pole sticking out of sand about 12 ft deep. It was about 25 ft off the beach. Have no idea what that pole was for but we picked up the anchor and moved further left

So watch out for the pole!

Yikes! Kinda hard to watch out for it…. But if it’s truly 25’ off the beach I’m guessing it’s not where I’d be dropping an anchor!
16 585 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:01 AM
No way, the bug fix is already on most Windows based servers.
7 840 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/19/2024 05:48 PM
Not much to say here except that this is a sad situation, for all concerned.
1 628 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/19/2024 04:18 PM
Ahoy Captains,

Noon (EST/AST) Update -
Specific Airlines and Airports -
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/19/travel/the-airlines-impacted-by-the-global-tech-outage/index.html
Recovery -
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cn4vgq5150qo

I Need More Quality Cats for Chartering !
Fair Winds, Brent
thecaptainscompass.com Yacht Charters and Management
heatseekerinternational.com 5% Comm and Sales-Tax-Free Yacht Brokerage
5 405 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/19/2024 02:40 PM
Thanks for the input. And with weather delays, the airline is off the hook for any compensation.
22 1,592 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/19/2024 01:15 AM
All puppies should be fully vaccinated (2-3 rounds, depending on the vaccine) by 4 months of age. This would include for rabies and Parvo. Most entities, including the regulatory FDA, approves the transport of puppies at 8 weeks. This is common practice in the USA. So the new regulations, effective August 1st, don't make a lot of sense, in terms of the AGE of animals being imported. That is a real problem for rescues which use airplanes to transport their animals. 8 week old puppies fit under the seat. 6 month old puppies likely may not. It is a real bummer for them. But the restrictions are even WORSE for countries who are considered to be high risk for rabies. The new regulations make it extremely difficult, and expensive, to import animals from countries like Afghanistan. My USA-based rescue participated last month in the incredible airlift of 300 dogs and cats from Afghanistan, planned to be executed before the new restrictions take place. Google it - it was an amazing effort! My small rescue was able to accept 6 dogs from KSAR (Kabul Small Animal Rescue). Scores of other USA rescues also participated in accepting 300 dogs and cats in total. Rescue is currently in crisis worldwide - a result of our emerging from the pandemic with too many dogs. Breeders overproduced and are 'releasing' their unwanted dogs into the rescue world, and people adopted when they were at home and now are surrendering very unsocialized animals as they go back to work. The new restrictions serve to only exacerbate an already overburdened rescue system.
16 528 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/18/2024 09:15 PM
Scrub shuttle times...note they stop at Marina Cay. we just moored there and had an early departing guest take the shuttle

https://www.scrubisland.com/content/uploads/2019/09/Scrub-Island-Ferry-Schedule.pdf
6 609 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/18/2024 06:54 PM
I can't speak for the rest of the BVI, but for Virgin Gorda the only thing open in the North Sound will be downstairs Leverick Bay.

CocoMaya will be open on Friday, Saturdays and Sundays in September.

Hog Heaven, Sugarcane will both be closed.
4 463 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/18/2024 01:23 PM
Can't say enough about JMS Island Charters and Water Taxi. Excellent service and communication throughout the process. Even met us in Norman Island the night before our return to the base and gathered our passports to process our fees. We left the dock after returning to base and went straight to St John to do customs and less than 10 minutes later we were headed to Red Hook. Simple. He has a flat rate of $800 each way for the whole boat and that includes government fees. He can take up to 8 people. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61556088307807
0 162 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/18/2024 12:58 PM
Wow, that's pretty weird. Good catch.
2 455 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/18/2024 01:09 AM
Great choice tonight Leslie! Excellent food! And by the way, thanks today
10 1,541 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/17/2024 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Peter & Christine
Scotty the following is our airbnb in Dawn Beach Estate. If you have interest.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/813572451943809398?source_impression_id=p3_1677607532_Uzic7mFkcKP4VA2o

It doesn't have the dates I needed, but I did find something that will get me 39 days. Thanks though.
24 2,502 Read More
United States & Canada
07/17/2024 09:32 PM
Hi

Yes, indeed the rates jumped.

I have no input re hotel however....

When u search individual hotel chains, search AAA membership or select senior's rate, if applicable. Sometimes their "best rate" is a fallacy. Your credit card concierge may assist you as well.

Also, some cities have addon taxes (more...why not??? /s) based on head count. I'm not sure about T.O. though. So... input 1 guest and let me know.

Parking is insane but public transport has always been available.

Prices do not include taxes.

Good luck and have fun!
1 148 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/17/2024 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tonythepilot
Website link?

Provided by Google: BOOMERANG
14 1,644 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/17/2024 12:27 AM
No jetways for arrivals yet. It's either stairs or a ramp. All exposed to prevailing weather conditions. Been that way since Irma.
4 681 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2