Member Spotlight
GlennA
GlennA
Macon, Georgia
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Eddy, ib4ut1, Kentth, The_Lurker
Who's Online Now
11 registered members (Todd_Melinda_K, EdB, JasonHelmbrecht, beachy, FlamingoPete, SammyM, SXMNAN, bobbarb, xrayman67, 2 invisible), 46 guests, and 352 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
I'll second getting a sim card from mrsimcard.com. Just plug it into your phone once you get there and you're good to go with a local phone number.
The other way to do it - and what we've been doing the last couple of years - is to use the international day pass program. Both Verizon and ATT have one. It's $10/day. Works well.
8 277 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Hi, I can definitely confirm the beach vendor warning sign was there pre Irma. I would end my morning beach walk at Bikini and head to Macaron for un café et deux croissants to take back for breakfast. Saw the sign daily. I would guess it’s a new sign, but it’s the same wording.

Looking forward to seeing the sign again in under six weeks

J&B
10 1,382 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
About 10 years ago I took the Star Clipper on a 7-day cruise out of St Martin. That is a 150 passenger sailing ship, but they offered free air fare and the trip was not that expensive. We went to some of the smaller islands. We started it off with a week at Orient Beach which made the trip even better. Checking in was on board the ship, so they did not needs a large port facility to manage the passengers getting off and on.
7 416 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Mine just came late afternoon. Not a lot in there I didn't already know. Says construction should be done this May. Pipe dream?
5 387 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Does anyone actually know what the present noise ordinances are for Dutch St. Maarten? I know I don't. No music in an open setting above a certain decibel level after midnight? Or, maybe 2:00 a.m.? If these actually exist, then the Justice Minister could have them printed and redistributed to such venues with a warning that a fine will be imposed if a violation occurs. How likely is that to happen? Not very. But, there is one thing guests can do. Bring a supply of noise reduction ear plugs and use them when on the island. That's what we started doing a few years back and they do help. You'll never experience total silence, but it will reduce things to the point where you can get to sleep.
18 583 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Found schedule at https://www.sxmairport.com/flights-info.php

Walk wasn’t bad walk, enjoyed flights and late lunch at Sunset Beach Bar this afternoon.
8 464 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
OK, I guess you're still on island? If so, please update! smile
3 180 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
I was chatting with Kenny, he told me that he opened his cafe by potters today.

Check it out!
4 602 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Means every other year usage.
14 952 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
I think we got the timeshare in 2006 and still dunno if it’s “cost effective”. When we first got it we were Just out of med school and it was only blowing 9k on a place that would house our future family and be at a beach within15 min of landing. . Seem like a good idea time.
Having gotten here yesterday with rum runners at the beach within 15 min of getting off the plane, it’s still worth it to us.

We own a week in Saint Martin we only use it maybe every 3 to 4 years. Otherwise we traded for ski trips.

Would I do it again? Not sure. Await the new post Irma maintenance fees as well as rumors that EIC is trying to rid itself of timeshares...
35 1,681 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
5 hours ago
That excuse is fantastic.... right out of the late 60’s.
5 232 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Good afternoon,

For this boat charter, we have decided to try something different traveling in. We normally fly ATL-STT direct and then rush to ferry over and either find our hotel or sleep aboard around 5. Travel day seems such a PITA sometimes. We thought this time using FF miles, we might vacation our way in. Spend a day and night in San Juan, then catch an early flight to Beef a day before our charter. This will give us from 10AM one day until 4 the next to enjoy Tortola. Ideally, we would like to stay close to and enjoy Cane Garden Bay. We have stayed at Nanny Cay, Maria's, or an AirBNB at Apple Bay in the past. We could use Marriot points for Scrub. What are your experienced suggestions for one night stay in Tortola?
0 94 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
Well, maybe cleaned up their act. That’s good.
4 359 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
UUUUP! ..been looking for Cedric ... and today finally found him for a big HUGGGG! ... HIGH HIGH for a Great JOB!!!
2 338 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
We'll be staying in a villa on Tortola Apr 20-27. Looking to meet other couples to explore the island, beaches, BVI and just have fun. We're a very healthy active 50's couple. Send us a way to contact you and we can see if we can meet-up.

Scott & MB
0 155 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Another well intentioned but useless crackdown? I wonder how long it will last this time around. You would think, given the prevalence of weapon supported crimes over the past few years, strict enforcement of this law would be a boon to law enforcement first off, and then the general public as well. At least, we thought so years ago when they had one of their previous crackdowns on same.
2 290 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by lindakay
Originally Posted by bailau
will be there a week from Monday...is that too late?

Not sure when he'll make it so maybe not. Thanks!

Linda-

Didnt see it there but dont know date you put in...they had many sheets there
3 523 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
18 days for us.
3 444 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by SammyM
So, if we say 2500 euros is the average that's about $400 USD per night for seven nights. I assume that's a two person price, and not a per person charge. At first that may seem a little expensive, but given the rise in cruise ship prices these past few years that's really not that bad. They need to improve their website, and better address the many questions that will arise (like those on this forum).

The website has a contact (you must click on link at top of page) which I think was Switzerland for questions.
23 1,149 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:30 PM
Join us the first weekend of March for the 22nd Annual Dark N' Stormy Regatta

Saturday: Race fromTrellis Bay to Anegada
Sunday: Funday on Anegada
Monday: Race from Anegada to Soper's Hole

Early registration appreciated!

Please see poster for details
0 111 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:26 PM
Much as we enjoy Emerald Beach know that they are now bussing in cruise ship people ( no resort charge) and they really impact the place. I believe the info is right about " Hook Line and Sinker" opening for lunch..decent breakfast always at "The Petire Pump " room until 10.30.and they have Lox and Bagels!
10 383 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:10 PM
Thank you for the wonderful review! So very glad you returned to Leverick Bay!

All my Best,
Rebecca
5 740 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
Good for Gus!
59 4,231 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
Good Morning -

Yes there will be a 2019 Poker Run - the plans are underway & we are very much looking forward to hosting the event again. Sunday May 26th! We will be launching more details by the beginning of next week!

All my Best,
Rebecca
16 1,073 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:17 PM
That's one weird looking boat! Enjoy your stay!
2 410 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5