pat 35
RonDon 35
Member Spotlight
Bradenton, FL
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Brighteyes, dougieh, my7kidz, wolverine2007
Who's Online Now
14 registered members (Sunnykm, ItsAllGood, Todd_Melinda_K, warren460, karenv_ma, Lionsail, vetteguy, KevinM, HibiscusFan, Julius, jagmansr, 3 invisible), 79 guests, and 122 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Wow, Paanlan wasn’t there for very long. Enjoyed Jeannie’s wine tasting there.
Cool location on the water.
6 615 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
His plane was sitting at the airport for about a week back in Feb. And what I thought was interesting is that since then the Eclipse runabout would bring passengers to the Aqua Mania dock right on schedule about 5:30 PM, dropping off 5-8 of them, both male and female, and picking up some, several would have back packs.
A couple of nights it was 6:30. Now the real question is, do the customs agents care about them coming and leaving at will ?
6 753 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
If you donate $75. -$200. to The "All About A Smile" St Maarten Charity, I will send you a fused glass dish with SXM Strong, the Island, and Sept 6, 2017 on it. $75. gets a dish from group A. $125, gets your choice from Group A or B. $200. donation gets your choice from any group. Free shipping in The States. Message me for complete details.
0 78 Read More
SXM People Talk
3 hours ago
Happy birthday! I am a little late to the party as I am out of state.
6 65 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Theoretically, if you want to wait about 12 months. Home Depot, as far as I know, and other companies like Lowe's, don't actually have people that do work like this They contract with local contractors to do the work.

Correct and getting any kind of labor it tough as it has become to easy not to work.
19 1,338 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by NGAWolf
Our desired Sunday night destination is Jost. Thinking Jost, CGB, Scrub, Anegada, North Sound, Cooper, Norman if the wind blows our way.

I'd check on Scrub. I don't believe the marina is open to visitors.

Originally Posted by NGAWolf
2nd question: We depart on Sunday. My normal schedule is to be the first on the fuel dock, check out, then pack and shower and get a noon ferry for a 3:30 flight. My flight home from STT this time is at 2:30. Will a noon ferry cut it too close? The only other options I currently see are 9AM ferry's

Too close for comfort. Possible? Maybe. But too many things can go slightly wrong and you're screwed. Will C&I on the ferry dock in CA be operating at full speed and where are you in line? Then it's only a few minutes to STT but good luck getting the taxi driver to budge until he's filled every one of the 12 seats in that van. Now you arrive at STT. Depending on the airline they won't check you in unless you are there a minimum of 2 hrs before. If you've already checked in on-line and you have no luggage that's not a problem. But you still have to get through Immigration and security and again you have no idea how long that will take. Could be 5 minutes could be 45. If you miss the flight you might be there for several days or have to take a flight to somewhere you don't want to go. All of the flights are pretty much full these days. So is it worth the stress? That's up to you. You might get lucky. I'd take the 9.00 ferry and take it slow. Get some early lunch and get to the airport in plenty of time. You don't really want to end your vacation in a panic. Done that once and it was no fun!
2 135 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
The Anegada Beach Club tents have indeed been rebuilt and are even better than before. The footprint is the same but they now have a high pitched roof so they feel much more open, plus the views are fantastic. The restaurant and pool are open, and the beach cabanas have been rebuilt.
9 285 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
3 326 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Never underestimate Peter from Angels rest he once had a floating bar in island of Carriacou in the early 2000’s
11 279 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:47 PM
How was the checkout on the Lagoon 52? Did they require two captains on the boat?
2 301 Read More
Southern Caribbean
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
Would you return? If yes or no, why? Curious..................
7 350 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
No chairs and umbrellas set up at yellow Beach yet.
1 240 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 08:16 PM
Honestly, you have to ask what they are doing with United with dog transfers, as they have to have some serious institutional problems.
17 296 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 04:07 PM
Sweet Christine and I stayed with Capt. Jay and Deb at their Mahogany Run, St. Thomas condo. We spent our first full day on St. John via the people ferry. Cruz Bay has come a long way in the six months since Irma. It is obvious that a huge amount of work has gone into recovery and there is a lot more work to do.

First impression of STJ? It is very ready for visitors. Maybe more ready for visitors than for residents. Many residents and villa owners we spoke with are six months or more from being back to normal. Many insurance claims have not yet been paid. There is enough inventory to meet the demand of visitors for now. I am concerned whether there is enough long-term rentals for the required number of service industry staff.

We ran into Kirk from the VIOL forum at Cruz Bay Landing. It was great to catch up! He is busy this year after having a great year last year with his painting and construction work. It was great to catch up with Boo at ] CBL. She and Wade have a lot of work to do with a house that sounds pretty much destroyed. Cruz Bay Landing Todd's buddy Kenny had lunch there that day.

We caught up with VIOL forumite EagleRayLover/Leslie from the Coral Bay side for a Sunday Fun Day at Water Island. Leslie and Steve have a very cool thing going at Pelican Beach in Coral Bay, St. John, taking reservations starting October. Water access!

We caught up with VIOL forumite Tracey in WI and husband Juice at the airport. Their new villa in Coral Bay is ready for visitors, Into the Mystic. I know this property from previous visits and it has an awesome setting and easy access. I am certain it will be a favorite.

We are definitely back for Halloween with Big Red and Becky.

Cheers, RickG
0 61 Read More
Cancun - Isla Mujeres - Mexico
Yesterday at 03:42 PM

I've only driven once in Cancun since summer to go to Costco. I've driven around PDC a number of times and like the mall (movies are in English with Spanish sub-titles). Strolling along 5th Ave. is fun and lots of places to eat. The merchants are all trying to entice one into their shops, but they are friendly. The common line is, "...lady...lady...remember me? I was your waiter the other night..." -- Prices are good in the shops and the beach is only a short walk from 5th Ave.

If you drive to Akumal, you want to go past the pedestrian bridge over Rt. 307, and take the "retorneo," that will access Rt. 307 north. The small entrance to Akumal beach area is just before the pedestrian bridge. It is easy to miss. If you want to go to Yal Ku lagoon, go through the arch and drive about 2 miles to it.
For lunch, you can drive back to La Buena Vida, or back near the arch. I like to park in the lot by La Cueva del Pescador. It is 20 pesos per hour. Then you have a choice of places to eat: La Cueva del Pescador (the owner will take people fishing for $), or walk to Akumal Bay for a swim and lunch at Lol Ha.
9 573 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:19 PM
We are flying direct flight on JetBlue from JFK to SXM in June.
7 1,039 Read More
Cancun - Isla Mujeres - Mexico
Yesterday at 02:51 PM
For over 20 years, we sailed in the BVI or rented a villa. We loved it, but found it harder to travel there as flights were cut-back from our home airport. Then we started visiting the Yucatan because we could take a nonstop flight. After exploring Merida, which we love, we settled in Akumal which is just south of Playa del Carmen.

I shop and dine in PDC and feel safe. I will admit that I'm not out partying at night in PDC but that is only because I can't stay awake past 11 p.m.

There are many opportunities to explore the RM with organized tours, rental cars or the public transportation. The cenotes are great. As to ruins, I
really like Coba and recommend hiring a guide and then a pedicab there. Spend a day in Akumal and go to Yal Ku lagoon, and then over to Lol Ha beach.

6 343 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:48 PM
I wonder if that is part of the deal about requiring some kind of a disaster shelter? There was some talk about building a several story building, back from the beach toward the salt pond.
32 5,039 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:24 PM

It's been a long time since I was up there, but I didn't remember there being that much space up there? Sounds exciting though!
0 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:38 PM
Good Morning All,

The response for this wine tasting was great! Sadly I am closing the registrations now as I have 24 participants and won't be able to accommodate any more! I will post some pictures and soon will organize the April one !

Thank you all for your response and hopefully see you at the next one if you are not attending the one in March

23 1,540 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:50 AM
Blue Martini in Grand Case is open
233 61,914 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 10:17 AM
Your pictures are simply spectacular!
7 633 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 09:53 AM
Wonderful pictures all, but I especially enjoy the one of the cat in the window.
4 533 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
TomB and Beerman - Your pictures are simply gorgeous!
18 510 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:02 AM
Definitely planning to spend a couple of nights on JVD so thank you both for the Abe's recommendation. We tried Corsair's a few years ago and were very pleased with their lobsters too.

Would really love to be able to cook up a couple myself too though. Any ideas on where I might be able to purchase a couple of live ones in the BVI or if a fishing guide can catch em for me, per my original questions?

Thanks again for all comments! I looked at Abe's website. Some great pics of plated lobsters! Makes my mouth water!
5 896 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2