Member Spotlight
jazzgal
jazzgal
Portland, OR
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
marksxm, Mrcroz, Sandandsun
Who's Online Now
28 registered members (louismcc, Allison731, nouth, Lynneddog, dlparch, RogerAndBeth, SammyM, warren460, Ontheboat, SXMScubaman, bailau, jenniboston, deputydog1157, BreckSailor, RatmansWife, JimRuos, dfmsml, SandS, Schwendy, GW248, kbd, 7 invisible), 86 guests, and 454 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by nouth
DD style = shirt, no pants

You got it. Mainly because a shirt protects me from the sun, it catches sweat, and I can take a selfie as long as it’s from the waist up. Those naughty fish just became reason #4!
24 1,394 Read More
British Virgin Islands
19 minutes ago
$1,700.00 total for 6 people???
29 1,285 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
29 minutes ago
Oceania replaced St. Maarten with Tortola, BVI? Why would they do that? For what they charge for their cruises they should never pull something like that unless it was an emergency of some type. That's what Carnival or MSC would do, but not a luxury cruise line like Oceania. Very surprised by that.
2 326 Read More
British Virgin Islands
30 minutes ago
Can you drop them at beef or cane garden bay so they can catch a taxi to the ferry?
2 21 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
35 minutes ago
Among our domestic airlines in the states I would rate Delta far ahead of United and American Airlines. They are excellent at sticking to their schedules and they actually seem to care about customer satisfaction. I have flown Delta from numerous hubs, and twice to SXM from ATL. Flights were on-time coming and going with no unexpected surprises. The other airlines I would consider would be Jet Blue and West Jet out of Canada. Those three would be at the top of my present list.
11 552 Read More
British Virgin Islands
38 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Deepcut
Originally Posted by bailau
Wes-

Random question for you...is Sea Tiger decked out with Clemson motif?

YES... My wife is a Clemson alum... also my son is recent grad. (I am not, but I am a Clemson fan). Happy Wife, Happy Life!

FB: Sea TigerBVI... Have a new video to post (Drone view)

Understand the happy wife happy life thing...unfortunately the wife isnt as fond of the islands trips but would love to do a safari which I am not a fan of...

Never taken any Tigers (yet) but did have Wahoo, Nittany Lion, Bulldog, Monarch, Pirates, as well as a couple of Gamecocks students on my May trip

Still need to see a game in Clemson...
40 1,498 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Sunrise on my birthday will be so crazy I won’t even have time to drink. I’ll definitely try them the next morning, though!
5 628 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
You have a website? Made my reservation! After 10+ years I would not do business with anyone else.
15 1,209 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
Beer is vastly different in price from TICO RTW & Caribbean Cellar , who ever holds the import licence for each one has the lowest prices by as much as $10 a case, same goes for Spirits and Wines.

But in the end why run about all the different places taking up a day to save $100 if that?
3 180 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by harleybuffett
We rented a catamaran with captain from Owner Time ( sponsor of TTOL ) . The boat was spotless and well maintained. Jenny was amazing to work with and the price couldn't be beat! We will be using them again for our trip next year.

Something to mention here. I believe Jenny deals primarily with owners time from Dream Yachts. I am in the process of selling and purchasing a new charter boat. In dealing with Dream Yachts for a purchase I specifically inquired about selling owners time since it is a important revenue component to me. They stated they do not allow the sale of owners time and if they catch owners doing it they will cancel the charter. This may be a recent change to their charter contracts perhaps because of Jenny’s business and current boats may be allowed sale of time. I don’t know if it’s a change or owners are selling guest time against their contract. In any case I would want full assurances any week purchased is allowed under the owners contract.
G
6 538 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Agreed, Super U seems to have the best prices on island. We have bought most of our groceries there recently. But from the Dutch side, it is nice to not have to deal with Marigot traffic. And if you want US products......
14 849 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
We brought our niece when she was 3.5 years old (along with her brothers 8 and 13). She had a great time. She wore her own PFD (most of the time).She loved the pool at Leverick and Scrub, and simply splashing in the shallows at various beaches we visited. Pack plenty of their favorite snack foods.

We put together a picture album of that trip for her, and I think we enjoy reliving that trip the most.

5 years later she returned and snorkeled the Rhone, Indians, Flash of Beauty, etc.
4 199 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Thanks Quiet Flight. We did a bunch of research and decided on the Saona for this trip and booked it this morning. It was a tough decision as we like a lot about the Nautitech and will try to get about one for a look-about when we are down in December. And we are still interested in chartering one in the future so I will reach out to you whenever that may be. Can you share who it is in charter with?

Matt
2 178 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:36 PM
Read yesterday that flights to Caribbean should drop.
We booked AA already for Dec/Jan time frame direct from PHL to SXM. (months ago) for $500 each.
They have been around $1200 since. Now, some are back to $500 figure.
Worth a shot.
Tom
0 136 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 09:10 PM
Hey JP, it is not on the itinerary, but I'll research!! Almost feels like a sin not going to Normandy...especially this year.
6 43 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
I would suggest to the owners and holdouts that while most of us who like Club O will spring back and become a customer when/if the resort reopens, every day/week/month/year that goes by your customers are finding something new and pretty good to go to: other resorts on sxm , other islands than sxm, resorts in the usa, nude cruises. Some folks are getting old and or dying, so we all cant wait forever so please get on with it.

My biggest fear is a resolution, a rapid rebuilding and sky high prices. Club O had a premium worth paying, but for us there is a limit and they will want to recover investments that had to be made.
15 1,091 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
For general use, IMO the best flashlight is a headlamp.

Great for the dinghy at night and the BBQ and hiking down the beach.
5 431 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:18 PM
I like Mahogany car rental. Good web site easy to deal with.
4 280 Read More
General Caribbean
Yesterday at 07:22 PM
You will like the Abaco Inn. We rented “Captain's Quarters” a house next door April 2018, and enjoyed Abaco Inn and their hospitality. Be sure to reserve a golf cart early.

We also chartered Sunsail a couple of years earlier. Different crew wants to go back. We may do that sometime soon
5 246 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:24 PM
Thanks!!
10 407 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:48 AM

:

11 857 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:28 AM
Mark and Wes:

Thanks for the recommendations! We'll be in the BVI for 3 full weeks starting this Friday and I'll try out both.

Jim
S/V Ocean Song
3 317 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/16/2019 08:47 PM
That refrigerator is similar to one found in a small travel trailer. Slightly bigger than a dorm fridge but still small in my books.
36 1,856 Read More
British Virgin Islands
07/16/2019 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by IFlyVFR
Originally Posted by Christo
Oh and if you want a rum-loving American skipper full to the brim with salty stories, with a great 'can-do' attitude then ask in advance for Captain Lou! They may have to drag him out of the bar, but he's good value! He did our last couple of check-out briefings and we got on very well with him. Knows his stuff and read us very well and got stuff fixed by calling his 'mates' rather than going through the normal chain and got us off the dock in record time.
At BVI YC they hadn't heard from or seen Captain Lou in a long time. Is he still around? I have heard positive feedback about him. . .

He was down island doing a delivery early May. But was back on Tortola and working ad-hoc for Moorings/Sunsail mid-May through to mid-June this year...no first hand knowledge after that. I know that Irma took his house, car and boat...but it sounded like he was back on his feet now.
19 910 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
07/16/2019 05:35 PM
Good for the island and the people of Saba but so sad that all SXM does on this subject, like on so many others, is talk, talk, talk! It would certainly be a help to some of the dump issues. Or is that still talk, talk, talk too?!
2 191 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2