RonDon 40
MIDiver 35
lcote 33
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bacilove3562, lara1994, MelodyAE, moggsie, Nicecat
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Shifty, 2 invisible), 292 guests, and 111 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
US VI and Puerto Rico
2 hours ago
On the weekends, best to avoid Buck Island or anchoring near the fisherman dock at southeast end of Christiansted harbor. Lots of local go-fast boats blasting music near the beach and then many return to haulout at the boat launch. While waiting to haulout, they race around the anchorage at full speed.
5 359 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
I would have assumed the French, Hospital Center Louis Constant Fleming, would have more advanced care available and gone there, but I am not familiar with either hospital. Where do those who are more familiar with the island recommend someone go? I hope I never need either but it would be good to know which facility is preferred.
11 344 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago

Pack ear plugs and/or bluetooth headset (don't forget to download airline app, boingo, or other perks) for your flight.

And once you settle in, if you're staying in an airbnb, be prepared to buy tp, dish soap, hand soaps, shampoo and if on french side, bring face cloths as may not be provided.

Most important??? bring your big smile and a laissez fair attitude...there's nothing a rhum punch can't make disappear... at least until the next morning.

enjoy and please add your trip report.

crazycanuxx
15 422 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Thank you guys, will try one of the above mentioned places tomorrow! Cheers!
5 205 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
"stunners" That's a new one.
5 612 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
Oh my..the tales we could tell! I was with the Dawg on the Catfight when we hit the rock and then some other good folks put the marker there before the storm took it away.So happy to see it..wish I could have snagged it for CRC!! I will definitely toast Dawg at Ali Baba's..giving it my best Dawg impersonation!!!!
1 100 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Agreed! And I definitely didn’t want to find my Jet Blue flights turned into Spirit flights!
1 144 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by Instigator
Sleep aboard on 7/13 and return 7/21 to change boats and then depart again 7/22 and return on 7/27 all out of Nanny Key.

If we have any left over canned food and other things you may want look for us. We will be on a 464 PC pulling in on the 13th.
11 1,088 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
If you go to Rite Way online there is a selection for prepared food. I think you just have to Email what you want and they will make it.
4 182 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Over the years, I bought some beautiful tanzanite jewelry in SXM - tanzanite and diamond earrings and a tanzanite and diamond tennis bracelet, all from Boolchands. Not sure if they are still there. Also a ring with an emerald-cut tanzanite set in it. Tanzanite is a bluish-purple stone - quite unusual.
14 1,290 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
Last year and again in a few days.
1 203 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
I wish they would make the ball available at 2pm instead of noon. We often pick up a BB before noon (like provisioning in Soper's).
The balls could (would) be FCFS between the time they are vacated and 2pm, which would make them more useful for a lunch stop.

Most of the time you could probably get away with staying on the BB longer since few reservation holders show up right at noon, but I never want to take the chance and be that guy.
28 2,587 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Thanks for the pics!

For future reference, here on TTOL, pictures will show up much larger if taken in landscape mode, versus portrait. I have no idea why that is so.
1 135 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:36 PM
Thanks for posting. Looks like a fun time was had by all
1 100 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Have no idea but if you google there are many companies offering these types of service at SXM

LINK
7 688 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:01 PM
Be aware that AT&T now considers the USVI as international. That is a change from past practice. The international plan will work in STT.
6 270 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:01 PM
Anyone know of a recipe for Marks tasty side dish? Ate there last night and my daughter enjoyed her rice leftovers today. She wants to try to make it but when I look online I mostly find Jamaican versions that call for Scotch bonnet pepper and coconut milk. I’m guessing the restaurant uses dried beans not canned kidney beans.
0 186 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:24 PM
Glad to hear that most went well and the vacation was good .
Best regards till your next trip.
3 363 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 03:41 PM
Howdy Adventure Addict,

Glad you found the links interesting and useful. I'm going to order the Sim package in a few weeks.
If it actually works, it will beat having to buy one for each country and it's very reasonable.
And I will get it for second planned trip.
The ones I bought while in Iceland were $29 and only 5GB.

Cheers
4 855 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
Try the 10 oz. burger at Lee’s, it’s delicious and definitely big enough for two. It comes with fries as well. The price is $17 but again, there’s enough to feed two people.
11 747 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:36 PM
JD--yes
5 340 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:11 PM
Yes, for sure, SXM airport is closed at night.
20 1,175 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:09 PM
jborosara--Perhaps that was part of the magic--anyone who was going for Regatta was already there before Friday. Regardless, you lucked out!
2 224 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:46 AM
Thanks for that info candu
8 512 Read More
Southern Caribbean
03/03/2024 11:58 PM
Try EAGLE BEACH!!!!! Hotels, timeshares have bars and restaurants ! Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner..Also try BABY BEACH!! Beautiful water and beach bar..ENJOY!!!
1 145 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2