Member Spotlight
CaribJoe
CaribJoe
Long Island, New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Acre, landcrab
Who's Online Now
16 registered members (HibiscusFan, SXMScubaman, beachy, Annoddddd, Clod, HJS, Kevin_B, vetteguy, cacapasa, DandG, marybeth, 5 invisible), 64 guests, and 280 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
If you want to sail in the bvi, then charter in the BVI. If you want to sail in both usvi and bvi, then that’s different.
13 501 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
If at all possible, don't miss Joe's Stone Crab restaurant. Sorry about the end of your trip. Hope you make it end well in South Beach. Good luck.
32 2,356 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
I will take Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine) any day over champagne. JMO.
24 935 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Tthat is a great summary of car rental insurance. It should answers all questions posted.
42 1,788 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
Looks like they have put more info on their web page.
Can reserve only on the same day (starting at Midnight)..Reserved balls $35.
First come: $33
52 2,686 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by TravelHat
Clickbait

Yeah, possibly. The AANR website has a pretty good set of details and links to naturist resorts’ websites which we find somewhat useful when planning a trip...
6 250 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
EIS entry fee is $10/person unless you’re a resident, have a BVI passport (even if you live elsewhere), are a judge of the Eastern Caribbean Court, etc. If you leave and come back within the same visit you don’t pay again. Departure tax is $40/person, now included in the ticket (why tickets out cost more than tickets in).

Scheduled air includes the charges (except the environmental), whereas charters probably quote them separately because they are per person.
5 300 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
They can't build on the beach.
31 1,936 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Looks like you guys got a little sideways
45 1,300 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
ACE in Cole Bay.
1 158 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Our boat did not have the sticker but you are able to purchase the decal when you start using the app since they accept the purchase order number in the certificate number field. Basically, I purchased the decal when I was setting up the boat in the app and it links you to a different site to make the purchase. I expect to receive it in a few weeks. Cost for our decal was something like 28 per year. The site to purchase the decal was not very user friendly and not integrated with the other .Gov sites but the purchase number worked perfectly when I used it on the app. We own the boat but I will share the info with our charter company so other people can use it.
26 2,621 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
No.
1 52 Read More
Afloat
Yesterday at 05:30 PM
We both would use the beverage package, so that's OK. I was seeing that NCL really does offer a lot of booking perks.
5 86 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:02 PM
4 hours is more time then I'd typically want to hang around in SJU, but given those options, that's what I'd go with. 1:10 is probably enough time, if everything goes well. If you are late at all, then it can become a problem. With the 4 hours, you have plenty of time, even if there is a delay. And since your 5:30 flight is Cape Air, it is possible you might be able to get on an earlier flight if there's room. So doing that, I'd go check in with Cape Air first thing and then see about food after depending on what they say about flights.
7 572 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:54 PM
The metal, green roofs were only for show. They may not be replaced. The units have flat waterproof roofs.
7 1,470 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:31 AM
Are there tricks of the trade in those waters or is it clear and light enough that it’s fairly easy?

There are few hidden hazards in the North Sound, and the water is of course Caribbean clear. But it's worth looking at a chart to understand the areas to be avoided. Definitely maintain a respectful distance from Colquhoun Reef!

Dan cheers
9 490 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12/08/2018 11:51 PM
How did Day 1 go? Where did you go??
7 778 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12/08/2018 08:17 PM
Soft sided cooler also works well in checked luggage to brine back your booze to. Gives good padding.
17 957 Read More
British Virgin Islands
12/08/2018 08:05 PM
thx
2 229 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
12/08/2018 06:46 PM
No problem, honesty is always the best policy.
3 175 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12/08/2018 06:43 PM
OK, thanks for the clarification.
55 2,646 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12/08/2018 06:25 PM
Lucky you Icote! Linda and I missed this year also because of Irma but we'll be back this February. Not sure where you're flying in from, but here on Long Island it's freezing. Like Carol said, breath in deeply for that warm tropical air! Enjoy!
9 829 Read More
British Virgin Islands
12/08/2018 05:38 PM
From Travel Agent Central today -

“The territory expects over 200 port calls and 400,000 passengers in the 2018/2019 season.”

UGH...
43 3,303 Read More
SXM People Talk
12/08/2018 03:18 PM
Interesting story. I enjoy watching his creations on Below Deck. He is a deep guy! LOL
2 164 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12/08/2018 02:35 PM
We have been there for the last two weeks and the beach and weather have been great. The only bad thing has been no weekly chair rental. The guys (Cedric) said they were going to start weekly chair rentals soon. Doesn't help us as we leave on Thursday. Make sure you bring your own TP as sometimes there is none in the restroom (normally two but one has been locked and they couldn't find the key).
4 1,437 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2