sleepychef said:
Wow I have never read such a closeted view of people who have their heads stuck up their arses as you portray your family and friends to be. This is the BVI and if it must get to their standard before they visit I hope it never does LianeLe Tendre

That is probably not fair. I have anchored off Little Dix Bay and other shore based offerings for the day or night to join a friend at "their" resort or villa for a meal. We always offer the shore based group the opportunity to go somewhere with us on the boat. Some love the adventure and leap aboard. Others with hectic lives at home just want to relax in their place and routine. Just like the rest of us on our boats. Those ashore or on cruise ships have a schedule, plan, routine, and comfort zone.

My best spur of the moment guest. A single Mom staying on St. Thomas with two young daughters for a week. She met my then 8 year old in the dinghy with one small duffel, one half gallon Jack Daniels, and ten towels she lifted from the hotel maid's cart. She had never been on a boat before. Stayed for three days. We all had a blast.

Go to a Jamaica resort if you wonder too far off the reservation you should expect trouble. The same is true with some beaches in Mexico and the Bahamas.