tkv64 said:
You are correct... I should have made that clear. The $10k less boat is a 41', and the one with the generator, A/C, and thruster is a 45'. I'm not sure if for just the two of us we really need that large of a boat, but it seems you have to go big down there to get the A/C & gen

Probably not too difficult to find a boat less than about 43 feet with dockside AC. But it's going to be tough to find a boat that size that has a generator. There just isn't room for one in a 3 cabin boat that size (which will be the typical configuration). So I think you have three choices really - (a) boat without AC or generator, (b) dockside AC (i.e., no generator), and (c) AC+genny. For just the two of you reality is that a boat around 40 feet will be just fine and will be the most economical. But finding a 40 with genny+ac might be challenging. You will likely need to increase boat size.

In my experience the Ac+genny is a $500/week list price option vs. the same boat without it.

I have no experience chartering a boat for that long of a period (so obviously infinitely qualified for this forum!) but I would imagine you will need to make a decision quickly as the choices for boats for a 6-8 week period starting in April will be increasingly small due to Easter/spring break when a large part of the fleet will be out on the water. Maybe what you should consider instead is to charter starting towards the end of June - you would get (a) low season pricing which is not only significantly cheaper but also includes 10 days for the price of 7, and (b) probably a better selection of boats. Then pick up a boat with genny+ac which I'm sure you won't regret.

Life's short - sail more!