Our St. Patrick's dinner was delicious, and my Irish coffee was a hit. I used decaf espresso beans, coarsely ground, to make the coffee in my french press. I used about half again as much coffee as I usually use, to make it strong. I put a teaspoon of brown sugar in the bottom of each mug and added the Jameson's on top of that. For my 10-year old grandson, I replaced the Jameson's with milk, and used a little more to lighten the coffee. Then I poured the coffee in and topped it with whipped cream. It was delicious, but a little to strong for my daughter..too much whiskey. I loved the warmth going down, but she stirred the whipped cream into hers to soften the alcohol heat.

Reminded me of drinking Irish coffee after dinner at Pineapple Pete, while listening to the music of Ronny Santana.

Just an aside...Irish coffee mugs aren't easy to find. I looked at Target, Stein Mart, and TJ Maxx before I drove by Pier One and pulled in with the certainty that they wouldn't have them. Surprise, they had exactly what I needed, at only $3 each.