wofat said:
This thread has me thinking more about the timing we've chosen. We'll be down in early-mid July. I thought I had recalled the winds being relatively light then, but not according to the link. Any other things to be mindful of in July?

Other than it will be HOT. There is zero ability to predict the weather in July. Hot, Humid, Unstable Tropical weather makes anything possible outside of a cold front. A passing wave or storm can bring wind and rain from any direction.

The plus the rates do not get much lower than July.

May can be a great month. For the boat owner if you boat stays for May it is likely to be unsafe to move it away from the Carribean before the next year. So the smart money folks use May to move yachts to Europe or back to the US Mainland in advance of hostile June weather.

November is historically the rainiest time in the Carribean with the chance of a sudden tropical wave or storm forming with little warning directly over the VI. Late in the season the storms no longer form off Africa and travel across the Atlantic. The late season storms form in our tropics and run North from there. For an important trip November is like playing Russian roulette. It is just a matter of time before any November week gets washed and/or blown out.

Last edited by StormJib; 02/17/2017 02:09 PM.