OK, I'm not going to argue with you. I said I didn't see or refer to any photoshopped photos. I said others had said the original photo was photoshopped. I did not see a photoshopped picture, nor did I ever believe the original picture was altered.

Regardless, and directed to no one in particular:

I was chatting with a friend who's a pilot for Jet Blue, and who has flown into SXM multiple times. I asked him about the planes having something to alert the pilots that they're too low. This is a part of his answer:

They are, the plane might have gotten into a microburst if weather was bad. Can cause you to drop 100's if not 1000's feet in seconds. Back about 20 years ago a USAir plane going into CLT got in one and crashed on short final. After the investigation was over it was determined due to bad weather a microburst was created due to the thunderstorm. New rules and equipments where installed to look for this type of weather it is not 100% accurate due to how rapidly it changes and the rule now is to wait until the conditions improve before attempting a landing. However the other factors are how long you can wait with the amount of fuel on board and where your alternate airport might be. Really is a lot of factors that play into the decisions and usually you only have a very short amount of time to decide, happens very fast.