We also had a terrible experience with DYC's. It was a Bali 4.5 that was just 1 year old. We have had 10 year old boats that were in WAY better shape then this one year old boat.

Here is a correspondence I had with a broker after we returned:

We used owners time for the trip with Dream Yacht Charters. Before we left the base I talked to them about a few problems. My husband reviewed all of the problems in our de-breifing, the person only wrote one of them down. He then said to the office personnel that there was just one issue with the boat. He must not have thought the others were concerns. I also sent a note to the owner that we chartered from and he said he was going to follow up with DYC. Never heard back from him. We have chartered many times, and we are not complainers, but this is, by far, the worst boat that we have ever chartered. The boat was only a year old, so we were really surprised how bad of shape this boat was in.

Here is the list of problems.

1) Boat stunk really bad. Smelled like a cross between diesel fuel and sewer gas. I talked to them about this before we left, said there was nothing they could do. This seemed to get worse everytime we fueled up or ran the engine. It honestly made me sick to my stomach, some times it would be so bad we would go sleep on deck. It was the whole boat too.

2) Generator would run for 30 minutes to an hour and then cut off. It would usually restart, but this meant we couldn’t run it at night because someone would have to keep getting up and re-starting it.

3) Port aft AC unit did not work

4) Starboard forward cabin had no lights and the toilet leaked

5) The sliding door stopper was broken. This could have taken a hand or foot off the way it would slam.

Colleen

[Linked Image]