davew said:
I have the peanut allergy big time. In 17 trips to SXM, I've never had a problem. We eat mostly in Grand Case and there the wait staff is very attentive to allergy issues. Years ago, before allergies became so common it was difficult at home or abroad. FWIW: Peanut oil used for frying is ok because the allergen does not survive the manufacturing process. This is fortunate because most every gourmet restaurant uses peanut oil for its high smoke temperature.

Dave.....we are too scared to even try peanut oil. We just had a recent peanut component blood test and the allergy is severe to all nuts. My son doesn't even qualify for the peanut challenge.
I'd like to get a heads up by looking at menu's so I know which places to avoid. Trouble is that we are traveling with another family and it would be a major inconvenience to drive to restaurants only to get right back in the car and look for another place. I'd rather know in advance which places are a definite off the list or I can always feed him first and the rest of us can eat which might have to be the plan. Feel bad for my boy though. Good to know about Grand Case.....are the Lolo's safe?