Hello! I've read to ~23 pages of posts on this site and they have been tremendously informative. What a great community - thanks for being here.

Given the level of familiarity on the island here, I'm seeking your advice on where to stay. Our situation:
My wife and I will be visiting for our ten year anniversary. We loved St. John on our honeymoon, but wanted to try a different island. I'm not expecting this to be "like St. John." We will mostly do beach stuff, including Orient Beach and value the freedom of the beaches on the French side. I expect to do "nightlife" like in Maho / Simpson Bay once or twice during our week stay. We like to walk to dinner normally in the states, but understand from some of the crime reports that may be unwise almost no matter where you stay / how close you are to the restaurants. With those as are interests in mind. Where would you stay? We are looking at three places specifically:
Les Terres Basses
Orient Bay
Oyster Pond

We're leaning toward being closer to the nightlife and staying in Les Terres Basses, even though we'll use that less, because we think it's better to and we'd rather drive a little longer during the day for the beach than at night for dinner and nightlife. However, I really value the input from this group. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by fleckre; 04/06/2017 07:51 AM.