We will also be there in June beginning the 17th. This is our forth trip and have sampled different parts of the island. We like both sides. I'm not comfortable driving far a night there. Poorly lit windy roads with few signs guiding you. Depending upon how long you are staying, you may wish to something similar to our plans.

The 17th - 22nd, we will be at the Grand Case Beach Club. We have not stayed their before, but by all reports an excellent place. That gives us easy access to all those delicious restaurants in Grand Case. We will have a car so we will be going to Orient, Friars, Happy Bay, Bai Rouge etc.
From the 22 -27th, we are staying at BSV (Beachside Villas) in Simpson Bay. This will be our second time there. Very nice place. That location is convenient to Simpson Bay, Maho and Cupecoy. My favorite beach is Cupecoy (near Shore Pointe and Dany's Beach Bar). Lot's of place to eat with a short drive. Other than El Zafiro, I wouldn't suggest walking to them.

" value the freedom of the beaches on the French side." Does this mean topless or are you looking for nude? Or am I misinterpreting.