Thanks for your reply. I just booked us a flight on Delta for a whole lot less than what we originally paid on American. We connect in ATL as opposed to CLT. The only thing that we may have a problem with is the connection time on the departure flight out of MKE to ATL. It's 54 minutes. Does anyone know if it's doable? I know it's winter and I hate to take chances with the weather. That's why we usually chose to connect in CLT instead. Plus I had a knee replacement recently and may not be able to do much running. Does anyone know if they have assistance for people with my issue at the ATL airport?
Back to American...so I canceled my flight and I was told that I would have to fill out their refund request online. Dummy me, didn't print out the schedule changes to have any proof ahead of time. I asked to speak with a supervisor to handle the refund and was told they don't handle that. So I called back again and asked to speak with a supervisor right off the bat. She told me the same thing. Fill out the refund request that she couldn't expedite it any quicker because she wasn't online. I took all of your advice and was very cordial. I did fill out both of our refund requests. So now I wait. Does anyone know how I can make sure I receive the full refund and expedite the process? I'm very concerned since the tickets were non-refundable and I don't have any documentation proving the schedule change. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.