In May-June 2017, I took my family of 3 on a sailing trip through the Leeward Islands - BVIs to Guadeloupe and back. We visited 10 countries, 40 islands and travelled 1k miles. I'm a charterer like many here but I had the flexibility (and sailing background) to take a longer trip aboard a 40' charter catamaran in a unique partnership. We were fortunate to take this trip just a few months before significant hurricane devastation of many of the islands/countries we visited.

For Christmas as a "gift" to my family, I created a Youtube movie of our trip in order to somehow capture the essence of the trip in a slideshow/video format. We had taken hundreds of pictures and hours of video and had many stories to tell and I simply wanted some way to collect this and to keep a story of our trip. Its intention was simply for my family (wife and son), but many friends and family followed our trip so we have made that YouTube video public with some very positive feedback.

Also, as part of the planning for the trip, I'd asked several questions here and multiple other online and offline sites and people with great input. So with that in mind, I've decided to post the link here to the YouTube video for any that might be interested in a similar trip in the future. Maybe it will be helpful or interesting to others or just a great way to beat the midwinter blues?!? Keep in mind that I'm in no way a blogger or video editor/creator - in fact, I had to learn some basic video editing skills in order to make the video and I recognize those skills were pretty basic.

Still, others have enjoyed the video and I'm posting the link here for those that might be interested.

Happy Sailing!

Kevin

Lontz "Odyssea" Sailing Trip (Leeward Islands May/June 2017)

(I'm not sure above link worked - so here's the direct link: https://youtu.be/171WKy10NE4)

Last edited by BreckSailor; 01/08/2018 12:28 PM. Reason: (Uncertain whether URL linking worked...)