Just watched the part of the video where the halyard got twisted and jammed. We had the same exact thing happen to us (twice) on a Lagoon 450 a few years ago while sailing out of Fajardo. First time I called the charter base to get their advice. They found some riggers who met us at Great Cruz Bay in St John where we were able to grab a ball (fortunately the winds were on the light side). They went up the mast using the topping lift just like you did and unclipped the block to let the sale drop. Our charter company advised us to sail the rest of the time with a reef or two in the main so the halyard would be less likely to jam - which was fine with us since the winds were going to be pretty heavy for the rest of the charter. Even at that the halyard got jammed again. This time I used one of the reefing lines and threw it over the highest car on the sail I could get to and then used a winch to muscle it down. It did not come down easy, but eventually we succeeded. It was a bit of an ordeal though. Now I always bring a few very large zip ties with us and check the block to make sure it doesn't rotate more than it should. If it does I loosely connect a couple of the zip ties to it - though I haven't had that issue since then.

I'll also add that we did a charter on a Lagoon 400S2 from DYC through the Leewards and saw many of the same areas you were in. My favorite charter to date - and Barbuda is probably my favorite anchorage that I've even been to. At least you had a great backdrop for the part of the video that chronicles the halyard issue. Really too bad the damage that Irma brought to those islands. Can't wait to watch your video in it's entirety.

Matt