Originally Posted by Christo

Oil Nut Bay! We spent a few days there, loved it! Moored at Bitter End and took the dinghy round...but you can also get their shuttle from Gun Creek if the wind is up / you dont fancy the long dinghy ride! Lunch is good, the swim-up bar is so warm, the lagoon is full of Green Turtles and you can even grab a few takeaway pizzas on your way out to enjoy an easy dinner back aboard your boat.

Christo-

That sounds like a great idea! We would love to do that on our trip later this month. However I've heard that the pennants have been removed from all the moorings at Bitter End to prevent their use. Any suggestions on where to moor otherwise if we wanted to dinghy to Oil Nut Bay? I know Saba Rock is closed for repairs- does anyone know if their moorings are available? We expect to overnight at Leverick so we'd just be looking for a few hours of mooring use within dinghy range of Oil Nut.

Speaking of Oil Nut, my cruising guide shows the marina for Oil Nut is actually at the eastern mouth of Deep Bay. Is that where you visited, or did you dinghy all the way back to the end of the marked channel at Oil Nut Bay?

Oh one last question- is that shuttle from Gun Creek a water-shuttle or taxi-shuttle?

Thanks so much for this great suggestion!

Kupe