Correct. Article said Kim Sha Beach and that is the beach.Decent size and really is only beach developed at the Atrium/BBB end. There is a a watersports rental building after that. There are street side businesses..

Significantly increased parking is a definite necessity otherwise it will be pointless to attract more visitors to this area.

RE: traffic. I guess you could drastically decrease it by not rebuilding anywhere after Irma and thus decreasing the number of return visitors...BUT...the Island economy, that we all seem to care about, needs visitors in order to exist. There are MANY alternative Carribbean Islands and beaches to visit and SXM needs to have something to make visitors want to return.

I am just winding down a 3 month stay in SW Florida with beautiful beaches, great waterfront restaurants and...traffic. Area economy is up as is the traffic but traffic is not my #1 concern when I travel...crime is MY #1. Traffic is a mental pain but an assault is physical. I need a place I FEEL safe

Re: noise late at night. Easily controlled by limiting hours and decibles BUT this WILL be an issue 'cuz nothing will be done to control it. .

Last edited by boucharda; 04/20/2018 08:52 AM.