Forget Soper's Hole. All the reasons already mentioned. It has none of the attraction that Norman has. It would be like partying in a marina, just not the same vibe. It would be at the end of the "counter clockwise circuit" most charters take. I for one am ready to tone it down on the last night or two! No way I'm able to hit the Willy T at the end of charter and make it back for check in the next morning! This is so much more than just the loss of an icon. This is the nail in the coffin. We ALL know the government has been picking away at the average tourist for at least the past two years at an accelerated pace. Everything from fees, to fishing license, to rude customs. I work so hard and save every penny to make this trip every year. It's never become more obvious to me, the BVI government just doesn't want my kind. They want an island nation of exclusive resorts and private homes for the rich to hide their taxes. It's sad. The BVI were my favorite and I've made many great friends. After the storms I donated money and without hesitation, made plans to make it back this year no matter the conditions to do my part to help the tourist industry. I already have flights booked and deposits on a charter otherwise I'd cancel. This will be my 7th and last trip. I'm done. My BVI VIP card, the joke that it is, will just be a souvenir on my wall.

[Linked Image]