Hi:

I have chartered with Moorings before in BVI and did a sail course in Grenada last April. I will also be chartering a Catamaran with Dream Yacht in May 2019. Perhaps we will see your Flotilla on the water!

Unless I misunderstood, you are arriving the same day that you want to undertake boat briefing, chart briefing and provisioning and get off the dock by around noon? This seems unlikely especially if you have 3 boats in your flotilla. Chances are something will be wrong that will require attention with one of the boats. When we rented with Moorings in the BVIs last year, the sleep aboard got us on the boat at 4pm and we were able to leave the next morning after boat briefing and last minute maintenance, etc. We did the provisioning and our own full inspection and chart briefing the night before (which you can't always do).

St. Louis Marina is a great marina with nice bar, pool, awesome showers. If you have to take your time and stay on the dock that first night to ensure everything is in order without stress I wouldn't take it as a negative.

We stopped off at the sculpture garden and to be honest was underwhelmed. Not a lot of fish life and a boat dropped their anchor in the big circle of statutes and destroyed a bunch. I would suggest staying on the dock the first night, skip the garden and anchoring on the lee shore and head up to Carriacou leaving in the morning the next day. Another disadvantage on anchoring in one of the harbours on the lee shore is the swells seem to curl around the top of the island so we had the swells on our beam rocking and rolling all night.

We don't have as long as you but here is our preliminary itinerary. Notice if possible we want to try to get up to Bequia for two nights if wind and swell are favourable hence the a/b .

Time - Early May
Boat - FP Saona 47
Crew - Cap, and 3 qualified crew, 4 passengers

Day 1 - Sat - Arrive by flight 2:15, provision, boat inspection
Day 2 - Sun - Check out of GND, Chart/ boat briefing, sail to Carriccou, sandy Island anchorage with dinner on shore (Slip-way in Tyrell bay is awesome!)
Day 3a - Mon - If wind and conditions are favourable sail to Bequia for check-in.
Day 3b - Mon - Union and maybe Chatham bay)
Day 4a - Tue - Bequai
Day 4b - Tue - Sail to Mayreau - Salt Whistle bay
Day 5 - Wed - Tobago Cays, Beach BBQ
Day 6a - Thur - Mayreau, salt whistle bay
Day 6b - Thurs - Palm Island
Day 7 - Friday Checkout at Union sail to PSV dinner at beach bar or main restaurant
Day 8 - Sat - long sail to Prickly Bay, Check in, maybe anchor Hog Island
Day 9 - Sun - boat return, Overnight ashore

Last edited by UncleLuff; 09/05/2018 02:36 PM.