Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I think your putting to much emphasis of the liability insurance coverage. It's going to be the same whichever rental company you use on St Maarten. Difference will be in the cost of adding that insurance or if it's included in the bottomline price of the rental and the service you expect to have through that rental.

I think your missing the point as to what the writers concern is......the price of the liability insurance is not the issue, his issue and concern is what limit of coverage should he/she be getting. If the car rental agency provides a $50,000 policy limit and he hits a pedestrian and is sued for $1,000,000 than the $50,000 policy limit is inadequate. My point to he/she is that it is possible, in some jurisdictions, that the "right" to pursue for personal injury might be limited based on the laws of the country he is in. It is possible that the max limit someone can be sued in SXM (French or Dutch side) might be limited to $50,000 and hence the limit of $50,000 would be sufficient.

If I am mistaken about what his/her concern is I apologize.