I have read many threads about the different car rental companies in St. Martin. My question specifically is about the difference from renting from the French side versus the Dutch side.

I did email Kenny and asked about liability I was told for six dollars a day this would provide me with $50,000 worth of liability with a $750 deductible.
I did check with my Visa and American Express cards they do not provide any liability coverage in the United States.
My auto policy with Allstate also does not provide coverage out of the country it would seem to me that any serious accident $50,000 in liability coverage would not be sufficient.

It is my understanding and I may be incorrect on the French side the rental company must provide unlimited liability on all rentals. From people who do rent on the Dutch side what do you do about this liability issue.The other issue I found in investigating car rentals in Aruba that any accident that that did not involve another party "one way accident" was not covered so if you hit a pole or tree you are not covered under Dutch insurance law I did not know if the same thing applied in St. Martin

Also Kenny did tell me that he has a Toyota Corolla available with this car be able to hold five people

Last edited by eric; 10/30/2018 08:12 PM.