that is the real question liability. In regards to collision CDW my credit cards differ if in states or not

. In the us my card are secondary insurance and in a lot of the states the primary usually your own car insurance has to pick up the bill 100% so the credit card actually has no expense ( makes you wonder what benefit they giving you as they know in most cases there exposure is zero unless you have no car and no policy)

out of the country the credit card (vias) will pick up 100% as primary but only if you decline any supplemental ins offered by rental company

my amex if you sign up for premium coverage for apx $20 for the whole rental period i believe up to 45 day will give you primary insurance in the states and in certain countrys but not all f

None of my cards provide liability on a car rental in US or abroad my auto policy provides liability only in the US

I have also found outside of the us all the major rental companies avis hertz alamo ect are not owned by the parent company and are local franchise so any issues you have like tom had may be more difficult to resolve. If i used hertz us web site to book my car it was twice as expensive then if i went to there local st martin web address

So i guess all the rental companies in st martin are really small privately owned companies so its either rent from them or use taxis

hertz told me i have unlimited coverage on both sides thankfully i didn't need to find out and i was happy with the service and they didn't try to scam me with scratches that were on the car when i rented it