Lorne Michaels needs to contact you to get this on Saturday Night Live.

I guess we could start a thread about air travel nightmares but it would likely be overloaded.

My personal favorite snafu was a USAir pilot that angered a head Traffic Control Manager in SXM.
We sat on the tarmac until EVERY thing that could fly took off or landed. I mean everything from a 747 to an ultralight or a bat. We were close enough to the front to hear attendants discussing the consequences of an arrogant flight officer telling a local airport employee how to do their job.

We were given lots of stories about what delayed our departure about an hour and a half.
Of course everyone missed their connections and ended up doing an overnight in Newark, NJ. (temperature 4 degrees as I recall).
Got home the following day and sent a heated comment to USAir management. Got some sort of accommodation from USAir and always hoped that the pilot of that plane learned a lesson.
Thanks for reminding all of us that air travel has changed from being a fun experience to a test of endurance for all of us including airline personnel.
Tom G.