Just returned from SXM flew Delta, against my better judgement I booked our adult kids on AA from DSM to meet us our second week.When booked, I also purchased the AA offered trip insurance. Being a little paranoid these days about air travel, I frequently check the flights; thankfully so as with no notice I discovered their return from SXM-PHL-DSM had changed and the PHL-DSM flight left 15 minutes before they landed from SXM. I called and questioned how that was possible. First time got a very helpful agent that acknowledged that it wasn't and as she looked further discovered that hardly anyone that had a connecting was going to make it. Said that just couldn't be possible and to sit tight a few days and it would be corrected. I did, it was not. Called to see what they could do for my kids, best offer was staying in PHL and arriving back to DSM 24 hrs later. Simply would not work so I cancelled the back end of that ticket, got a refund but not even close to what the first agent quoted to me, arguing and having that agents name got me no where. Re-booked their return on our Delta flight costing an extra $400 above refund from AA. Filed a claim with their insurance for the difference, denied twice. I guess they should have gotten to PHL, discovered their flight had left, found a hotel, made arrangements for additional child care, called jobs, and been very happy they maybe would make it home sometime.

Mike & Dixie