I followed this playing out yesterday. I am sorry for those who had to have their return plans delayed. The story was first weight, then was fuel, then was on-duty time...too many excuses for what should have been a decent flight. I saw the flight path to Miami (not the original CLT) there wasn’t a deviation-it was direct. MIA to CLT though which sounded quite bumpy but was delayed by how much? Weather definitely was an issue but ...how many other flights made it to their destinations yesterday around the same departure time, same region? My ex is a Captain for a major airline. Sometimes the COMPUTER which assigns monthly schedules (with human schedulers too) they together, miscalculate. It’s happened many times in my experience these past 15 years. Pilots by law, can’t go over “on duty time”. Many times ex was literally on a plane, physically and psychologically ready to go and suddenly they pulled him off because he would go over by 10 minutes for the monthly total. The crew is not to blame, it sucks for them too (probably more than YOU because they didn’t start their day with your flight, they’ve been flying for several legs in most instances). It’s a problem with the airline. They are stretching things too thin. And they should be notified about that. Complain! Take your business elsewhere. And you should also remind the govt it’s not ok to not fund aviation related jobs in any situation. It’s absolutely dangerous. I feel sorry for everyone but it’s another reason why I won’t pay for AA if I can avoid it. How many stories have I read the past year? Wishing you all better flights.

Last edited by Airlegs; 01/28/2019 08:15 PM.