Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
"Scuba, are you referring to places that add say 15% service charge regardless if one leaves a tip or not? I don't know many that do. Think for a good Restaurant with good service anything less than 10% is not the way to go. I usually leave 20%. Not sure what others do here but perhaps Tipping needs its own sectio"
No i'm referring to French restaurants that are supposed to have SC fixed in their menu price.

"I could be mistaken but I think Scuba was referring to restaurants on the French side where, in most cases, our normal US habit of tipping 15 to 20% is not necessary since this is already built into the prices you see on the menu."
Correct

Confused. How do you know that the tip is built into the prices? I am probably missing something here. So are you saying that they wont be offended if no tips are left at all? L'Auberge, Le Pressoir, etc....
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Or pay in US cash at 1.20 and leave no extra gratuity which would be built into the bill any way.

Ah, the penny has dropped, just re-read what you said......Round it up to 1.20..so 20% on top of the Euro price?? But if lets say in 2 months its 1.15 for example. Won't that be on the low side with the tip?